Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tivoweb plus

Quote Originally Posted by DJC
    I have been using the phone module alot for emulator testing, something I would never do before.
    Want to know a secret

The phone module in v1.2.1 and above of TivoWebPlus do not register with the event handler... this is likely to drastically reduce the hang situation. If you have a look at line 93 (or search for "even register") then you will notice that while it does connect to the event handler, it does not register with it - the line will be commented out (using a #).

Still... if some people want to stick with TivoWeb v1.9.4 they are more than welcome

Groovy - thanks Thomson, DJC - that inspires heaps of confidence.

I just ran up TW to quickly undelete an episode the missus *needed*, and shut it down again.

When the new machine arrives, I'm keen to try out the NZ image and I'll definately run TWP. It's kind of cool loading up the page on my BlackBerry to check up on things and schedule a new show that a workmate just told me about. I've just got to get my SSL VPN running on my Cisco to wrap a bit of security around it.

Did you scribble up a new PNG splashscreen for the nzTiVo image, DJC?

Quote Originally Posted by thomson
    I would very much suggest loading up TWP (there is a bundle here).
    If anyone is a heavy user of wishlists then they may also be interested in a port of denali's blocklists module. I have attached a version compatible with TWPv1.2.2.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I was playing around with TWP yesterday and decided that it didn't really provide that much more, so I reverted back to TW but I seem to have stuffed up some things (don't know how )
    Anway, when I go to the "info" screen I get the following before some other data. Does anyone know what it means?

action_info '/' ''
    can't read "::defrecquality": no such variable
    while executing
    "if {($::dtivo || $::defrecquality == $recquality) && (!$::version3 || $rectype != 8)} {
    store_space space time count list 103 $streamsize $recdu..."
    ("uplevel" body line 23)
    invoked from within
    "uplevel $body"
    invoked from within
    "ForeachMfsFileTrans fsid name type "/Recording/DiskUsed/10" "" 15 {
    set rec [db $db openid $fsid]
    scan $name "%d:%d" fsid streamsize
    set s..."
    (procedure "::action_info" line 135)
    invoked from within
    "::action_$action $chan $part $env"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    "eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
    Justin

TivoHD w/1tb "update"
    TiVo SVR2000 unit w/200Gb Seagate, Turbonetcard & Dlink-810 wireless bridge, FTA Strong STB. Latest image 1.6.###

In general with TiVoweb, the info screen can take a while to come good on fresh installs.

How did you install and remove TWP. Did you leave TW in place and install TWP into a different directory.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

I used the "Upgrade To TivoWeb Plus" doc. on OzTivo. I blindly followed what it said and setup another directory and copied over some of the TivoWeb files into TivoWebPlus and did one or two other things it said.

When I first ran TivoWebPlus it didn't seem that much better to me and didn't seem to fully functioning as I wanted to setup logos and it wouldn't do it, so all I did was change its port to 8080 and went back into rc.sysinit.author and commented out TivoWebPlus and removed them from TivoWeb to allow it to run. I didn't remove TivoWebPlus. I think I must have done something else as I am getting these errors. Also, they are not consistant. If I click on "info" I got the message I posted before but now I get another saying things like

"can't read "presentationbehtypes": no such variable
    while executing"
    Justin

TivoHD w/1tb "update"
    TiVo SVR2000 unit w/200Gb Seagate, Turbonetcard & Dlink-810 wireless bridge, FTA Strong STB. Latest image 1.6.###

Just wondering if it is possible to simply ftp all the tivoweb files into the tivoweb directory to clean out something that might be wrong with them or whether something else is amiss? Not sure if this solution makes sense as I don't know where to get the files or whether there is something else awry.

Actually, to give some background to my issue, I was uploading logos in TivoWeb when it just froze on me (using Firefox). Any attempts post this the connection would just hang. So, using my basic logic I thought that if something was wrong with TivoWeb, why not install Tivowebplus and not worry about it. Well, Tivoweb plus also had error messages, so I was back at step one.

Looking at the instructions for the upgrade, I don't think I actually touched any TivoWeb files other than copy some for the creation of TivoWebPlus, so I am not sure what the issue is.

note: at one point while I had a telnet connection to the tivo where I was chmod the new directory files in TivoWebPlus I was called away from my PC. When I got back my 3.5 old son had hit a few keys but I am not sure what he did as the telnet didn't show anything crazy.
    Justin

TivoHD w/1tb "update"

It's been more than a year since I last tried TWP, and from memory it was just a matter of re-enabling TW in rc.sysinit.author and disabling TWP. I don't believe any TW files were changed at that time.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

I have a hunch as to what I might have done. In the upgrade to TivoWebPlus I edited a ui.itcl file that i put into the modules folder in TivoWebPlus. There is the possibility that put the incorrect one into TivoWeb by mistake. Where could I find a copy of the file that would work with an OzTivo image to test my theory?

Also, another thought - do I have to restart TivoWeb separately to just rebooting my tivo? I saw another thread on this issue and someone mentioned that you also need to restart TivoWeb and not just reboot.

Also, when I go to the files section of minnie.tuhs.org to possibly find the file I cannot see any of the files - am I missing something? Previously I just went to the files section and they were all there.
    Justin

TivoHD w/1tb "update"

Quote Originally Posted by JustinD
    I have a hunch as to what I might have done. In the upgrade to TivoWebPlus I edited a ui.itcl file that i put into the modules folder in TivoWebPlus. There is the possibility that put the incorrect one into TivoWeb by mistake. Where could I find a copy of the file that would work with an OzTivo image to test my theory?
    I have attached a copy for you.

Also, another thought - do I have to restart TivoWeb separately to just rebooting my tivo? I saw another thread on this issue and someone mentioned that you also need to restart TivoWeb and not just reboot.
    Reboot is fine, as is a full reload.

Also, when I go to the files section of minnie.tuhs.org to possibly find the file I cannot see any of the files - am I missing something? Previously I just went to the files section and they were all there.
    It's a leftover problem from the spambot attacks. It's on the todo list.

Peter.
    Attached Files Attached Files