Thread: Just some opinions would be nice

Just some opinions would be nice

Hello again to all

I have just been looking at this tivo box online at ebay and i was just wondering if people could give me some opinions on it wether it a decent tivo box.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....ADME:B:EF:AU:1

I have sent an email to the seller asking him about the network card, also if it got the ability to be PAL modified and hold 2 hard drives.

My purpose of getting into tivo as i said to capture tv programs and thn later archive to DVD for my TV libary.

But since im new to Tivo i would love if any one could give me some opinons or suggetions of stuff i havent thougth about or stuff i should be thinking about with getting a good tivo setup.

Thanks.

Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by smitchie
    I have sent an email to the seller asking him about the network card, also if it got the ability to be PAL modified and hold 2 hard drives.
    Yes it can be PAl tuner modified. Yes it can hold two hard disks. Network card will most likely be a Turbonet or Turbonet equivalent if it is not specified.

My purpose of getting into tivo as i said to capture tv programs and thn later archive to DVD for my TV libary.
    You can do that with a TiVo. Look around for the key words tytools and tystudio for more info.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Thanks once again truly appreciated it :-)

Scott.

Another New Brisbane user....

Iam still waiting for the slowboat from USA to arrive... with my 1st Tivo..

Hi Mick,

Is there alot of people in Brisbane who have taken up the OzTivo experience?

I just started reading about it and found it all so exciting and interesting.

Scott.

I am not sure... from Darrens post it sounds like a few are around... I too am a new TiVo user, or I will be when the dam thing gets here... when they say 4 - 6 weeks shipping they mean it... week 6 starts tomorrow...