Thread: Differences between phillps tivo models

Differences between phillps tivo models

HI all (Happy australia day)

Well i only started reading about oztivo yesterday and i must say i loveeee it... i am a big collector and recorded of tv shows and like burning off to dvd to watch later.

So cine joining up to the forums this evening i thought i would ask some questions. I guess so i can understand morei have read mof the of the faq but it always good to clarify things i guess.

At the moment i looking at getting a tivo for my place in Brissie and i just noticd that there is several models of phillps tivo boxes avaliable to australia use. Can someone explain to what if any differences there is in the phillps models?

Thanks.

Scott.

Hi Scott.

As per the text on my website:

What TiVo's are suitable?

Remember: not all Series 1 TiVo's are compatible for our needs. Philips HDR-x12 series (ie 112,212,312,612,etc), PTV-100, PTV-300 and Sony SVR-2000 are suitable. Yes that is correct: The Sony SVR-2000 is suitable - in fact they have the exact same internals as the Philips TiVo's and with the newer OzTiVo images even the Sony remote works fine so there is no reason not to buy the Sony's if you like the look of them over a Philips. I often get asked what the difference is between the Philips HDR 112,212,312,612 and PTV models. The answer is nothing as far as we are concerned. The model numbers relate to the original factory fitted hard disk size but because they are all what is considered small by today's standards you are most likely going to replace the old (and most likely worn out) original had disk with something new and much bigger anyway. You can buy a UK Thompson TiVo but these are usually a lot more expensive and not widely used in Australia so support is very limited, but they do work and have internal PAL tuner already and do work fine with the OzTiVo software.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Hi Darren,

My apologises i mustnt have been reading clearly (it was very earliy in the morning) and must have skipped over that page that had the information on it. Great site by the way diffenately helps understand tivo more.

Scott.