First off, I am a newbie.

I have managed to get most of the functions of the TiVo going with considerable help from several kind people. I got this help by email because I was unable to use this forum for reasons that I don't understand. The forum kept forgetting all of my info except my name and wouldn't let me in even after I used the password emailed to me. So I created a new personality with a different email address and now I have access. Go figure!

I have several problems now, but I have a feeling that they may all be related.

I cannot access Season Passes or select programs by name or any other function on the Pick Programs menu. When I select any function I just get the "boom" and I get a message that the data is in the process of being organized and won't be available for 4-8 hours. Of course I have been getting this message for several days.

I am only able to control recording from the Web interface and I haven't figured out if there is a way to record by name this way.

I also do not know how to delete Season Passes from the Web interface and since I can't get to this using the remote, I have no way to resolve conflicts.

Any help in resolving these issues would be appreciated.

Larry