Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ukchan: How to ....

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Agee View Post
    But I want the sound to stay same as UK, i.e. not Nicam. How would I modify the script before compiling?
    Find the line that reads:
    Code:
    iicw4(0x88, 0x10, 0x00200008);    /* PAL B/G NICAM Stereo */
    And remove it, or change it to
    Code:
    iicw4(0x88, 0x10, 0x00200001);    /* Autodetection */
    You will also want to make sure you do not have RFOutputChannel set, or remove the #ifdef/#endif parts of the code that deal with it.

Also, I modified some lib files and when I try to change the ukchan.c file or compile it I get a Segmentation fault error - I'm guessing due to the change in lib files. Any idea if that's what's causing it?
    I have seen this when compiling things on the UK hardware... something gets a little upset when compilations start going bad (probably with a loadable module - I have not really bothered to look into it) and a reboot fixes it.

Thanks!

Your post made me dig deeper and I found a Micronas MSP34x0g_4pd datasheet that provided an additional option for PAL I as follows:

iicw4(0x88, 0x10, 0x0020000A); /* PAL I */

I'm guessing this will work as well though not sure whether it is stereo or what, and am throwing out in case it helps anyone else.

And you were absolutely right, a reboot caused the Segmentation Fault issue to go away.

A couple things I'm not too clear about though.

First, you mentioned I should comment out the code related to RFOutputChannel. There were two sections in the .c file that refer to RFOutputChannel, one long and one short. Should I just delete both sections between the #ifdef/#endif? Why is this important? Something to do with the SCART connection?

Second, the MakeFile includes the following - sorry but I don't understand it - seems to include some references to NICAM and NZ channels that I've highlighted:

PATH=/bin:./bin
    CC = gcc
    CFLAGS = -D__KERNEL__ -I./include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -mcpu=403 -msoft-float -DMODULE -DEXPORT_SYMTAB

all: ukchan-2.5.5_dk-nicam.o

ukchan-2.5.5_dk-nicam.o: ukchan-2.5.5_dk-nicam.c
    $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -DNZTVCHANNELS -DNICAMSTEREOMODE -c -o ukchan-2.5.5_nz-nicam.o ukchan-2.5.5_nz.c

clean:
    rm *.o

Thanks!!!

First, you mentioned I should comment out the code related to RFOutputChannel. There were two sections in the .c file that refer to RFOutputChannel, one long and one short. Should I just delete both sections between the #ifdef/#endif? Why is this important? Something to do with the SCART connection?
    It's just not required if you are going to be running the standard PAL-I system. And yes you just delete everthing between the #ifdev/#endif or just make sure you do not have the "flag" defined (see below)

Second, the MakeFile includes the following - sorry but I don't understand it - seems to include some references to NICAM and NZ channels that I've highlighted:

$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -DNZTVCHANNELS -DNICAMSTEREOMODE -c -o ukchan-2.5.5_nz-nicam.o ukchan-2.5.5_nz.c
    The -D<flag> options just set the two flags NZTVCHANNELS and NICAMSTEROMODE which means that the code that lays between the #ifdef <flag> and #endif will be included when compiled. As you are running in PAL-I you probably don't need to do anything other than change the channel frequencies (and you can use either the Australian or the NewZealand channels as a basis for this).