Thread: Pls Help - Sound Issues

Angry Pls Help - Sound Issues

I've been using my Tivo successfully for about 3 months...

in the last few days when the tivo records a program without needing to change the channel (ie. it is already set to the desired channel) no sound is heard -

if i cancel the recording and change the channel out and then back the sound is fine & i can then press the record button and the sound stays.

any ideas welcome... it's is so frustrating to come home expecting a new ep. of House and finding that the sound is missing!!!

thanks!

Are you using a CacheCard or Foxtel ? both of these can have intermittant sound issues.

Can you tell us a little more about your setup.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

I'm not using foxtel or CacheCard (i've never heard of that so I assume i don't have it...)

I have my Tivo connected to standard RF input for TV channels then out to my TV via RCA.

i'd be happy to give you more info but i'm not quite sure what else to tell you.

please let me know if you have any ideas,

thanks

A

The CacheCard is a type of network card. Is your TiVo connected to a network for it's guide data ?

If you have looked inside you TiVo the CacheCard is red in colour:

If there is no red card then you do not use a CacheCard.

How often does the problem occur.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by amilgrom
    any ideas welcome... it's is so frustrating to come home expecting a new ep. of House and finding that the sound is missing!!!
    Note: I am assuming you are recording a FTA (Free To Air) channel via an antenna.

If you are able to provide the lines mentioning Palmod from the kernel log file then I think I might be able to help. It does look like a palmod sound format issue. A command similar to the following should find the appropriate lines:

# grep -i palmod /var/log/kernel

In particular the line mentioning the version of Palmod as well as those lines surrounding the time of the recording should help. (failing this you could just mention the times of the recordings and email the complete log file through to "Thom son . Ti Vo @ g mail . com" - just remove the spaces).

Hey thanks for trying to help - it looks like my Tivo has fixed itself as I'm no longer having any problems.

thanks again,

A