Hi all

Have got home tonight to find the TiVo wasn't responding to the remote control at all and there was no receive or recording light showing. The "live tv" show was running though. I was unable to change channel or go to my Now Playing list. Put some new batteries in the remote without any improvement. I have a second remote as I have my TiVo cabled through the house for bedroom viewing also so tried that one with no success either.

Tried a reboot from TiVoweb interface - which obviously the network connectivity still exists (at least for now anyway) and I was able to use remote after it came back up. However - it was very very slow to react to any input requests - as in, push the TiVo button and wait about 30 seconds before the "Now Playing" list appears. Eventually the picture locked and I needed to carry out a restart again. In the last hour I have been able to watch TV through the TiVo for about 10mins max before it freezes up.

Sooooooo - I'm guessing a hard disk failure is about to happen myself.
What are everyone elses thoughts?

Any suggestions how I can get the data off the current disk (fast) before it stops completely.

I have a huge amount of stuff I really don't want to lose and I'm sure my 2 year old son will be just as gutted at the loss of all his Wiggles & Clifford The Big Red Dog shows..hahaha