Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Failed preparing data

Quote Originally Posted by donm
    I have guide data in place. I get an error from the tivo web if I try and select a programme to record.
    This error is quite normal if the indexing of the data has not completed.

Once the daily call is complete the guide info will show up straight away, but it will not be available for recording until the indexing has also completed.

All fixtivotime does is update the timestamp of the /var/timestamp file & set the time using rtimetz. If the warped clock has been fixed then fixtivotime has done it's job and it has nothing to do with dos2unix errors.

fixtivotime was not included in the r1.4 image on purpose as time sync is now handled differently.

If you are running an early version of r1.4 (<18/4/5) there is a known problem where the wrong ntpdate file snuck into the image and this can cause clock warps. Later r1.4 versions will never have clock warp problems (assuming they can make successful daily calls).

the correct fix for this is to replace the faulty file with: ntpdate

Peter
    Last edited by petestrash; 09-11-2005 at 02:00 PM.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Im wrong again.. *sigh*

Hi, it appears I am running the early version of image 1.4 as I occasionally get the warped clock problem. How do I go about getting the fix onto my Tivo? I use Putty to talk to my Tivo, I have mastered changing emulator etc, but don't know how to upload files, any help would be appreciatted.

Just enter the following into putty:
    Code:
    cd /bin
    rw
    mv ntpdate ntpdate.old
    wget http://131.244.9.101/twiki/pub/Uploads/WebHome/ntpdate
    ro
    Then just force a daily call.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Cheers Pete, when I hit 'Enter' at the end of the 'wget' line, it appeared to try to connect to the website, is that right? it failed to connect. I then typed ro to go back to read only, then forced a daily call, is that right? Any way to tell if it's worked?

That command fetches the file from minnie.

So it does need to connect so it can grab the file.

I can't remember the exact wording, but you should get a message confirming the file has been saved and the size and speed of the download.

If it's not connecting, that may also be causing problems with your daily call failing resulting in a warped clock.

try the diagnostics section of NetworkingHowto and see if you have any problems with those tasks.

Peter

Had another go, downloaded this time, think I missed a capital letter or something in the address last time. Cheers!

Hi

My Tivo seems to be OK now. I have updated the to the latest version of tivoweb. Just ran the script as suggested by pete to get ntpdate. All seemed to go ok.

I Chmoded the file 777 as it seemed to have very little permissions as downloaded. I'll now do a daily call and see how we go. Hopefully no more warped clock.

Don