Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Failed service unavailable" message

'tmk tcp connect failed, reason = Operation now in progress' generally means the TiVo is already trying to call.

This usually only occurs when a previous call was corrupted and the TiVo got stuck.

Make sure you wait 10-15 minutes after the reboot and then only try one call.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

tried reboot

Didn't make any difference i'm afraid

mike

Did you still get 'tmk tcp connect failed, reason = Operation now in progress' after 'CommUtil: connection to host 127.0.0.1, port'

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Yes

Same error

It's got me stumped then.

Each time I have seen a TiVo stuck on Communicating, a reboot has always cleared the problem. But while it's stuck you won't be able to make a successful call.

Beyond redoing GS i'm out of Idea's, sorry.

Peter.

Oh dear thats me up a gum tree

I tried a full GS and at the bit where it connects to the database i got the "Failed Service unavailable" error so i had to pull the plug and do a hard reboot.

This hasn't got anything to do with the proxy problem i read about somewhere has it?

Mike

also

I just tried to get my logs from the emulator by inpuuting my Tivo serial no and came up with a blank?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikepy
    I tried a full GS and at the bit where it connects to the database i got the "Failed Service unavailable" error so i had to pull the plug and do a hard reboot.
    If this was last Thursday afternoon / early Friday morning then it would be because of the problems at the server. So if you try again now it should work fine.

This hasn't got anything to do with the proxy problem i read about somewhere has it?
    Your current problem doesn't have anything to do with that problem. It was fixed last Friday morning. Your problem may have been caused by the proxy problem if you re-did GS while the server was unreachable. Currently your tivo is not even attempting to call-out, as it thinks there is already a call in progress.

I just tried to get my logs from the emulator by inpuuting my Tivo serial no and came up with a blank?
    That would be right as you have not had a slice in the last week.

Peter.

I tried GS and got the same error

at the dialling Tivo i got "Failed service unavailable" again

had to do a hard reboot and noew it keeps coming up in maintenance mode so i hard reboot again and it loops endlessly

Looks like my Tivo is a deceased Tivo

Mike

I've managed to reboot

I accessed the tivo in maintenance mode using Tiviweb - altered the boot parameters and then reset them and rebooted.
    So i got passed that one but i still cant get it to phone in and therefore i can't record anything and funnily i cant watch live tv either?

Mike