Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not connecting to emulator

Hi,

I am located within NZ using a Philips HDR212 TiVo. I tried reimaging the tivo hdd and now it reports connection failure during guided setup

I have double checked all the settings files for typos...it is very strange that it is not working now.

- Sam

Might be that there was no guide data. I just uploaded the new slice about 30 seconds ago. The website is up and functioning at the moment.

Ditto

I'm also getting a connection failure. (Just got a 160 GB disk because the old 15GB just wasn't cutting it ;-) This all worked beautifully a week or two back when I tried it the first time, so I think I'm doing things correctly.

Visiting that IP, port 80, just gives the home page of a US hosting company. Is that what's expected? Ed, is it possible you're connecting with a domain name, and they switched the IP address? (Or something?)

Cheers
    Matt
    Last edited by Tuatara; 29-04-2004 at 07:50 PM.

Howdy,

for the record.. a.. err..*cough* .. friend of mine..

had a time out connection problem after reimaging - using ihugs ultra service, satelite download, phone line upload.

internal modem dialled perfectly but then hung and stalled and timed out after ~5mins. very repeatable over a couple of days..

eventually remembered that

using ihug ultra requires two different logins.

standard login of un:pw routes downloads via satelite

alternative login of un@ihug.co.nz:pw tells their system to route up& down via telephone only.

made the change and tivo was happy again..
    Last edited by Grant; 30-04-2004 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuatara
    Visiting that IP, port 80, just gives the home page of a US hosting company. Is that what's expected? Ed, is it possible you're connecting with a domain name, and they switched the IP address? (Or something?)
    Yup, pbp.net is my hosting outfit. If you expand it out you'll see the service emulator's list of variables:

http://66.92.222.38/tivo-service/HServer.cgi

I'm not real sure what the problem is, but I've just made a sucessful daily call and gotten the new slice, so as far as I can tell the emulator is working. Maybe a dig through /var/log/tclient on the tivo will help identify the problem.

pebkac

Thanks Ed. I can retrieve that file from the tivo with wget, which suggests it must be an, ahem, userland issue. Strangely enough when I look at tclient.conf today I can see my error immediately. Sorry to waste your time!

PEBKAC (problem exists between keyboard and chair.) Sigh ...

Hi,

I looked in the logs and it seems to be getting "No carrier". I have checked the phone plug used and have confirmed it is working.

- Sam

Sounds like a modem problem. I'd be doing things like using another line to listen to the dial tones (are they the correct number of tones?), checking phone numbers and isp login info, that sort of thing. This thread might also be helpful.

After reimaging the hdd several times I found out what the problem was......a faulty phone cable.

*cough* dumbass...

(sorry, could'nt resist)