Thread: Guide Data Won't Download/Index After GS

Question Guide Data Won't Download/Index After GS

Hi again,
    I have just imaged my SVR-2000 for the second time now.
    First time I used the SONY image, this time the PHILIPS.

After I complete guided setup and it says to wait 4-8 hours for the data to index, if I go into the Phone menu, it says the daily call was successful, but that no guide data is available. If I go into Pick Programs To Record, it says make a daily call, and if I go to watch TV, the banner says the same.
    Have I done something really wrong while setting it up? Should I just let it sit and hope for the best or is there something I can do?

By the way, not sure if this helps or not but I am trying to download the VIC FTA Digital data. My network card is a Cachecard. It seems to be working OK as I can telnet in etc and it downloads the channel list.

If anyone can help, that would be great. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by woz_331
    Hi again,
    I have just imaged my SVR-2000 for the second time now.
    First time I used the SONY image, this time the PHILIPS.
    Absolutely no difference apart from the background animations. IMHO I like the look of the Sony ones better.....

After I complete guided setup and it says to wait 4-8 hours for the data to index, if I go into the Phone menu, it says the daily call was successful, but that no guide data is available. If I go into Pick Programs To Record, it says make a daily call, and if I go to watch TV, the banner says the same.
    This is normal. I bet your banner clock is wrong too.

Have I done something really wrong while setting it up? Should I just let it sit and hope for the best or is there something I can do?
    You have done nothing wrong. Given that the "Phone" menu says it is "successful" instead of "loading data" or "indexing shows" means it is done. What you HAVEN'T done yet is reboot another TWO times. First one the TiVo will still in "Maintenance Mode" and the second one the TiVo will boot in normal "Starting Up" mode. You should do this now.

By the way, not sure if this helps or not but I am trying to download the VIC FTA Digital data. My network card is a Cachecard. It seems to be working OK as I can telnet in etc and it downloads the channel list.
    This has no relevance. Considering you got connection that means your cachecard is working. The no guide data on banners is as explained above.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Thanks for the reply Darren. I have tried that but it is still not working.

I even tried reimaging and redoing guided setup, but to no avail. After completing GS on a fresh image, I got a message saying I needed to make a daily call. It didn't seem to index at all. I haven't seen the warning in 'Pick Programs To Record' about 4-8 hours at all, only the one saying to make a daily call. I rebooted into normal mode (startup screen was normal) but it's still saying no data is available.

Furthermore, the Recorder and Phone setup menu is no longer available.

Does anyone know where I'm going wrong and how to fix it? I am going mad.

I fell for you but when Darren or others get time they will help you out I am sure.

TiVo HD212 [300gb HHD, Turbocard] For Sale
    TiVo HD312 [300gb HHD, Turbocard] For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by woz_331
    I even tried reimaging and redoing guided setup, but to no avail. After completing GS on a fresh image, I got a message saying I needed to make a daily call. It didn't seem to index at all. I haven't seen the warning in 'Pick Programs To Record' about 4-8 hours at all, only the one saying to make a daily call. I rebooted into normal mode (startup screen was normal) but it's still saying no data is available.

Furthermore, the Recorder and Phone setup menu is no longer available.

Does anyone know where I'm going wrong and how to fix it? I am going mad.
    Looking at the times of you posts, you can't of waited 4-8 hours

But seriously it can take even longer, especially if you also have a pay tv setup. Most cases just leave it alone overnight and all comes right by the morning.

Also the loss of access to the phone menu is normal on your tivo once it is out of maintenance mode.

This and other common newbie questions are answered @ /FAQ/ProblemsAndSolutions

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!