Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Service Unavailable 3..

DJC I imaged up one of mine with 1.4 ready to do this.. although this weekend i won't have the time... will do it from Monday
    Last edited by petestrash; 13-07-2008 at 04:25 PM.
    TiVo Series 1 Thompson PVR10UK Unit, Dual 250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, NZ Emulator Port 8000
    TiVo Series 1 Sony SVR2000 unit, Dual 300Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Philips FTA Tuner, NZ Emulator Port 80
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, Dual 160Gb, Turbonet, FTA Tuner, Private Emulator
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Dev Emulator, Development Unit...
    DTiVo Series 1 Philips DSR6000 unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Work in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by jaidev
    DJC I imaged up one of mine with 1.4 ready to do this.. although this weekend i won't have the time... will do it from Monday
    Cheers, excellent work as always..
    Last edited by petestrash; 13-07-2008 at 04:26 PM.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

Quote Originally Posted by zollymonsta
    Just a thought, but are you going through a router or anything like that?

Is your TiVO actually _connecting_ to the emulators?
    hmmm, let's see ... tivo => switch => switch => firewall router (iptables via shorewall which is a very grumpy troll) where we jump subnets => adsl modem (NAT, another grumpy troll) => internet (several routers in there) => router(s)@orac ... and return in 55 ms. It's constantly amazing to me that this actually works without a single bit getting lost. Tivo logs show connection to orac to a point where it fails, so our issues are between tivo and orac.

Quote Originally Posted by DJC
    Yep good could you please try again on orac port 8888.
    Sure. Have left it alone for a couple of days to rebuild user confidence. With only 1 Tivo in the house and lots of users it's not a trivial exercise to get a timeslot for testing (especially on one that ain't currently broke)!

Can you confirm that you're after a quick IP switch to orac and run a daily call (which will fail). Or do you need the whole GS routine run?

Update: have done the simple daily call :8888 hit as above at 10:38 am. tclient attached, with fail on 8888 and subsequent success back on Ed.

Let me know what you need next.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by clive; 08-10-2005 at 07:59 AM. Reason: progress

No just a quick switch to orac and a daily call on port 8888

Had a quick look at the logs and cannot see your connection -- are you sure you've got the right ip/port?

Can you have another crack? cheers/DJC
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite

-- are you sure you've got the right ip/port?
    Just attached my tclient log to previous post. Shows I tried to connect with 210.48.107.133:8888 at 10:39.

Tried again at 11:13. Error log lines are :
    CommUtil: connection to host 210.48.107.133, port 8888, err 0x50005
    tmk tcp connect failed, reason = Operation now in progress
    Last edited by clive; 08-10-2005 at 08:19 AM.

Yeah, I dont think your getting out from the looks of that, it looks like tivo already thinks its dialing for some reason.

Tried a reboot? then a reconnect?

From the logs the last touch on the beta testing emulator 8888 was 6:46 am this morning (and that was my tivo).

I'm looking just to capture one little snippent of log from a full connection attempt to contibute to jaidev's theories...

Yeah, I dont think your getting out from the looks of that, it looks like it already things its dialing for some reason.

Tried a reboot? then reconnect
    Just done.
    Failed, same error. Reconnected to Ed and connected no problems - go figure. I need to go now but will check back later this afternoon. Sorry i couldn't have been more helpful - maybe one of the other Edulatees can have a crack.

Cheers,

Clive

Quote Originally Posted by clive
    Just done.
    Failed, same error. Reconnected to Ed and connected no problems - go figure. I need to go now but will check back later this afternoon. Sorry i couldn't have been more helpful - maybe one of the other Edulatees can have a crack.

Cheers,

Clive
    Ok. thanks for your help so far. I can confirm you are not actually connecting to the emulator so that was probably the problem you had previously, although the problem does have a similar result to the other ed-refugees, its not same or the problem we are trying to address to make all emulators compatible.
    Last edited by DJC; 08-10-2005 at 09:10 AM.

Whoa Daisy!

Ok. thanks for your help so far. I can confirm you are not actually connecting to the emulator so that was probably the problem you had previously, although the problem does have a similar result to the other ed-refugees, its not same or the problem we are trying to address to make all emulators compatible.
    Figure this one out ...

Just got back to this and thought I'd give orac:80 another shot after getting no connect to orac:8888 this morning. Data for Africa!!! Solid connect, clock sync, data galore and its now busy loading. Not sure what all this looks like from the Tivo UI as it's in use and I'm poking around remotely via telnet and tivowebplus. I'll check once it's loaded and let you know what we have onscreen.

Did we just have to wait for slice numbers to unravel themselves or has someone been fixing things on 80?

Update: Data loaded successfully and looks good onscreen. Have data till Thursday. Will play around with season passes, may have to set them up again.

More: orac:8000 still fails but :80 is good. Hope someone can figure out what this all means ...
    Last edited by clive; 08-10-2005 at 01:05 PM.