Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Service Unavailable 3..

Quote Originally Posted by DJC
    How many people are still in this boat?

and

Has anyone been able to try a 'clear and delete eveything' and then a GS???

I deleted todo list and guide data but not a complete clear and delete as i have 2 much stuff I havn't downloaded yet.

Unhappy No Success

Quote Originally Posted by jaidev
    So would someone having trouble switching from Ed's emulator to the Orac emulator please download the 'delallsources.zip' unzip it, ftp it to their TiVo to /var/hack/bin and run it on their TiVo..
    Make it executable by issuing chmod a+x delallsources.tcl
    Hi jaidev,

Just done this, no success, still not connecting. Must say however this happened when trying to recover from an already failed attempt. Will try to get ty files off and then try DJC's clear and delete everything.

Ciao

And me ...

Quote Originally Posted by DJC
    How many people are still in this boat?
    Yep, I'm there. Have been ignoring the background noise from the TV room for the last few days.

I've been Edulating happily for a year until the last few days obviously and I followed the advice to go over to orac this evening by deleting prog data and season passes (as I have a fair amount of tys I'd rather not lose). I'm 1.4 and first pointed at :80 via tclient.conf (not emuproxying), then :8000 when that failed as others have reported. 8000 failed at the Connecting ... stage as well.

I take it the advice today is to GS against orac:8000 then switch to :80??? I can't tell if that's proven to sort us ex-Ed refugees out or not but it's too late to muck around more tonight. I'll look at posts here tomorrow evening before deleting all followed by a re-GS if necessary. In the meantime, I'll leave an ftp job running tonight to backup Now Showing. If there's a better way please advise.

Cheers ...

Another scenario

OK; I've setup the latest and greatest emulator versions to see if that helps with the migration. [Seems most of the updates are about series 2 support]

Anyway ... worked for my slices today ... can one of you guys test it for me and see if you can get past the connecting stage:

orac, same ip, port 8888

/DJC
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

I take it that ex Ed emulator users switching to the Orac Emulator have done the following steps....If not try it!

1. Changed their tclient.conf file as explained in this post

2. Set TiVo to Guided Setup PAL Mode.
    In TiVo Web, choose 'PAL NTSC' ---> choose 'Set PAL Guided Setup Mode'

3. Cleared All Guide Data and Todo list.. (backup season passes first)
    From Tivo Central ---> New Messages and Setup ---> System Reset ---> Clear Program Data and ToDo List ---> press thumbs down three times and enter on remote. TiVo will reboot and begin clearing guide data...

4. After clearing all data TiVo will be at Main Menu, TiVo Central. Or it's already started Guided Setup..
    From TiVO Central --->New Messages and Setup ---> System Reset --->Repeat Guided Setup---> press thumbs down three times and enter on remote.
    TiVo will start Guided Setup mode, continue through guided setup..

At which point during the Guided Setup process does it say, Service Unavailable?

If this fails.. Continue with the following scripts in this post

Sorry I have made an amendment to that post, there are now two scripts in that zip file, read the post and follow the instructions..

When you have successfully run the 'delallsources' script it should output something like this..

Deleting source 12/18181

Once done, it may reboot your TiVo.. Now pressing the LiveTV button on your TiVo, it should complain that it cant display live tv... thats good since you successfully have deleted the source..

Now repeat steps 2 to 4 above... and cross your fingers..
    Last edited by jaidev; 05-10-2005 at 01:19 PM.
    TiVo Series 1 Thompson PVR10UK Unit, Dual 250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, NZ Emulator Port 8000
    TiVo Series 1 Sony SVR2000 unit, Dual 300Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Philips FTA Tuner, NZ Emulator Port 80
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, Dual 160Gb, Turbonet, FTA Tuner, Private Emulator
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Dev Emulator, Development Unit...
    DTiVo Series 1 Philips DSR6000 unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Work in progress...

No luck

Have tried this 15 different ways but no luck in moving to any of the orac ports. There's stuff left in there somewhere ...

Just a note, every time I ran delallsources, I got a slightly different message, eg first "deleting 749624 12", then "deleting 749624 14" then "... 16" etc.

Happy to try again sometime.

Just a thought, but are you going through a router or anything like that?

Is your TiVO actually _connecting_ to the emulators?

We can generally see the connections hit the emulator. The first stage (mlog) is the issue the connection comes it and there is a failure. The suspicion is that the versions differences between the ed-ulator and the new emus on orac is the issue. We'll see whether we can find anything in that with ed's help before resorting to a code bypass [little rusty on perl].
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite

Yep test please

Quote Originally Posted by clive
    Have tried this 15 different ways but no luck in moving to any of the orac ports. There's stuff left in there somewhere ...

Just a note, every time I ran delallsources, I got a slightly different message, eg first "deleting 749624 12", then "deleting 749624 14" then "... 16" etc.

Happy to try again sometime.
    Yep good could you please try again on orac port 8888. (or anyone else with the transfer problem)

It will fail; but I've added a number of test points to the first stage of the emulator code so we can see excatly where it fails. (and maybe why?)
    Last edited by DJC; 06-10-2005 at 02:47 PM.

Anyone able to run this test for me?
    Last edited by DJC; 07-10-2005 at 04:57 PM.