Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Service Unavailable 3..

Have attached tclient file
    Attached Files Attached Files

This is a long shot, however I have experienced an odd bug when I was beta testing the emulator for Dennis, that if the 'svclog' on the TiVo is full or large then guided setup calls would fail, try clearing it...

Im leaving work now, but wont be home till late tonight, may have a look into it later tonight...

I have split off this troubleshooting to a new thread..
    Last edited by jaidev; 30-09-2005 at 04:58 PM.
    TiVo Series 1 Thompson PVR10UK Unit, Dual 250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, NZ Emulator Port 8000
    TiVo Series 1 Sony SVR2000 unit, Dual 300Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Philips FTA Tuner, NZ Emulator Port 80
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, Dual 160Gb, Turbonet, FTA Tuner, Private Emulator
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Dev Emulator, Development Unit...
    DTiVo Series 1 Philips DSR6000 unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Work in progress...

Help please

Thanks for all the info folks.. I just have one question, could someone please enlighten me. I am unable to edit the tclient file because it seems to unwritable. I have tried everything I can think of to change the permissions but it keeps saying "Read-only file system". Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

try the command 'rw' (without quotes) that should mount the tivo root filesystem in read/write mode, after you have finished making changes type the command 'ro' which should make it read-only again...
    TiVo Series 1 Thompson PVR10UK Unit, Dual 250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, NZ Emulator Port 8000
    TiVo Series 1 Sony SVR2000 unit, Dual 300Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Philips FTA Tuner, NZ Emulator Port 80
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, Dual 160Gb, Turbonet, FTA Tuner, Private Emulator
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Dev Emulator, Development Unit...
    DTiVo Series 1 Philips DSR6000 unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Work in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by star
    Thanks for all the info folks.. I just have one question, could someone please enlighten me. I am unable to edit the tclient file because it seems to unwritable. I have tried everything I can think of to change the permissions but it keeps saying "Read-only file system". Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
    rw <enter>
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

Quote Originally Posted by DJC
    rw <enter>
    Hehe oops. I guess you can tell I'm a newbie. Thank you!

Me, too...

Hi all,

Same problem here.

I cleared program and guide data in the TIVO setup as suggested and updated both tclient.conf and rc.sysinit.author. I have tried with or without the proxy, on both standard (80) and dev(8000) ports, but message is always the same - Failed - Service unavailable.

P.S. I can successfully ping the 210.48.107.133 address from a telnet session.
    Last edited by Schumi; 01-10-2005 at 11:04 AM.

Unhappy Oops

Further to my earlier post, this has now turned into a more serious problem.

I realised that I can no longer watch live TV - just blank screen. I suppose this happened when I did the GS, which didn't complete. The TV input selection must have re-set. Because the GS doesn't complete I can not get into maintenance mode any longer to do recorder & phone setup, even when I reboot into NTSC mode with GS=0 it forces a GS.

I've looked through quite a few threads but couldn't locate a solution to this problem.
    Any words of wisdom from the gurus ??

Can you try again -- against the dev emu [port 8000] I'll d/l the log and check it.

PM me your tivo id or ip.

/DJC
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

DJC, If it helps I have noticed the following behaviour about 3 times.
    (I'm not on the emulator, I just download slices)

I have not downloaded a slice for a couple of days and I have data for today.
    I get today's slices and now I don't have data for today.
    And the guide says upcoming on all channels and has data for tomorrow or the day after.

Today's situation:
    I got my latest slice on thrusday at 7PM (925619 bytes)

I have data till midday today (sat) and from midnight tonight (ie: sun 0:0).
    The 12 hour block from midday is missing.

My previous slice was on the 27th ([986499 bytes)

Hope this helps.