Thread: IR codes for Telstra Clear

IR codes for Telstra Clear

Hi,

I'm using a Tivo with Telstra Clear cable and its working great (the site and forum have been really helpful). I've just got two newbie questions it would be great to get a little guidance on:

- where can I find the scripts that set the IR codes for the current Telstra Clear box (General Instrument Surfview Model CFT3304/040/525/QE) ?

- I had trouble using the Saturn ZIP code (when we entered area code 2 it said no provider) so we used the Sky ZIP code instead (the program guide looks the same) -- am I storing up trouble for myself?

Thanks,
    Ian

Hi,

You dont need to run scripts anymore to set the irc codes. That was for the loadguide days and the emulator is now in service. Just select 'General Instrument' and 'medium' from the codes list on screen during guided setup.

2 isn't a valid code.. it should be 002.

Probably won't hurt much using the sky guide data.. except you will be missing about 3 or 4 channels (TVSN, TBN, Weather and all the movie guides).

I use my two tivos on Saturn.. good fun

Hi,

I'm using a Tivo with Telstra Clear cable and its working great (the site and forum have been really helpful). I've just got two newbie questions it would be great to get a little guidance on:

- where can I find the scripts that set the IR codes for the current Telstra Clear box (General Instrument Surfview Model CFT3304/040/525/QE) ?

- I had trouble using the Saturn ZIP code (when we entered area code 2 it said no provider) so we used the Sky ZIP code instead (the program guide looks the same) -- am I storing up trouble for myself?

Thanks,
    Ian

Thanks. I was a bit confused. I'll try the guided setup again, I missed the 'General Instruments' option the first time around, got confused by the various Oz options. With respect to the area code, I was trying 002 with the Saturn zip code

In the meantime, its great being able to skip those ads