Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Emulator offline

Yep, back in business

Back on the Edulator after trying everything suggested on the other thread to move to orac:80, 8000 and 8888. Indexing now. Didn't break anything in the changeover attempts so no harm done. Ed, thanks for getting us back up. Like others I suspect, I'll go with the pack when someone figures out a viable transfer path that avoids re-imaging.

Cheers ...

Editing tclient.conf

Dumb question but how do I change the file system to read/write so I can actually edit and save the changes to /etc/tclient.conf?

Cheers,

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by jaidev
    As Ed has mentioned we'd now prefer if current users of Ed's emulator migrate over to the Orac emulator, since having all users on one emulator will make it easier to manage headend changes and guide changes.. A lot of users have already changed over.

this thread by DJC explains the Emulator and how to get on to it.. (Ignore where it says the Emulator is Development Alpha, read the second post)

The short of it is...
    1. Clear all programme data (from tivo remote). I have heard of users changing successfully without clearing all programme data, although I think it make more sense to clear it so you won't run into problems..

2. Edit /etc/tclient.conf or in the later oz images the emuProxy address in /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author.

3. The emulator address is 210.48.107.133

The more adventurous users can use the development emulator on port 8000, as discussed in DJC's second post. Although be warned it is development, so we will be testing headend changes on it..

I can come up with step by step instructions shortly, unless someone else beats me to it.. *hint* *hint*

DON'T PANIC We understand that there will be some users not wanting to change, or unable to change, don't worry Ed's emulator will still be functioning and my guide slices will still continue to be created and uploaded.

I appreciate and I'm sure you all do, for the great work Ed has put into and providing his emulator for your use.

rw

for read write

then

ro

for read only
    Meat, beer, ... what more could a kid ask for? Of course... a TiVo! What were my parents thinking?