Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest slice run out of data?

Latest slice run out of data?

Hi - I'm a loadguide NZ tivo user.

I've downloaded the latest slice from http://210.48.107.133/slice/ but apart from Prime where I have guide data, I have no data for TV1,2, or 3.

Is there a new slice location? are we waiting for a new slice to be generated or am I doing something else wrong?? (I have deleted previous slices, reloaded slice to tivo and dbload30, force_index etc. to no avail.)

please help

Slice locations have not changed... which slice are you using

nztivo.slice or nzdev.slice

?
    Last edited by DJC; 24-10-2005 at 01:55 PM.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

it was nztivo.slice - should I be using dev?

Up to you.

nztivo.slice is the original slice, and nzdev.slice is the new [previously development] slice.

Ignore this -> If you are only using FTA channels, it shouldn't make much difference. More to come.
    Last edited by DJC; 24-10-2005 at 04:54 PM.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite

if you want to have a play with the dev slice I've created you a zero referenced slice (ie data that starts today) ... its in the usual location, called hh75.slice

http://210.48.107.133/slice/hh75.slice

It seems recent epg changes have broken the parser I use to create slices, I don't think it's worth recoding it, since we have the Orac emulators and the nzdev.slice data slice, also the way forward is the orac data and emulator.

Current Loadguiders should download the nzdev.slice instead of nztivo.slice...
    To start off you can dbload the temporary slice that has been put up by DJC, called hh75.slice this is a full current slice.

Current Ed emulator users, you probably know that Ed's emulator is not up anymore so I suggest now is the time to move to the Orac Emulator..

cheers and thanks for using my slices..
    Jaidev
    Last edited by jaidev; 24-10-2005 at 07:53 PM.
    TiVo Series 1 Thompson PVR10UK Unit, Dual 250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, NZ Emulator Port 8000
    TiVo Series 1 Sony SVR2000 unit, Dual 300Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Philips FTA Tuner, NZ Emulator Port 80
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, Dual 160Gb, Turbonet, FTA Tuner, Private Emulator
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Dev Emulator, Development Unit...
    DTiVo Series 1 Philips DSR6000 unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Work in progress...

Okay thanks to you both.

the new full slice hh75.slice worked a treat.

I will edit my loadguide.conf to load nzdev.slice for future downloads.

As far as moving to emulator I take it I should wait until FTA Headends are all sorted?

It would be great if you guys could post a quick go for it note with instructions when you think it is time for loadguiders to move to Emulator

Cheers

Hi - I also use load guide on my UK 2.5.5 Tivo - by changing to nzdev.slice from nztivo.slice will this mean I will need to backup and restore my season passes to keep them working ok?

Quote Originally Posted by tarx
    Hi - I also use load guide on my UK 2.5.5 Tivo - by changing to nzdev.slice from nztivo.slice will this mean I will need to backup and restore my season passes to keep them working ok?
    it can't hurt, but I don't think it will help. The series and programme numbers are likely different between the slices so I suspect you'll have to redo you season passes.

Hi thanks DJC - I found out the season passes will need re-doing after loading the new dev slice. Thanks to the team producing the new slice files.