Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Emulator offline

I've split the thread, and moved the troubleshooting to a new thread titled service unavailable 3..
    TiVo Series 1 Thompson PVR10UK Unit, Dual 250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, NZ Emulator Port 8000
    TiVo Series 1 Sony SVR2000 unit, Dual 300Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Philips FTA Tuner, NZ Emulator Port 80
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, Dual 160Gb, Turbonet, FTA Tuner, Private Emulator
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Dev Emulator, Development Unit...
    DTiVo Series 1 Philips DSR6000 unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Work in progress...

Status

Just an update... A new machine is now in place for .200, but there are still issues with getting data onto it and such. To complicate matters, I'm singing for NZ Opera right now, and we're in the final stretch of rehearsals for a Saturday opening. Unless things get sorted up at the webhost by 12:30 or so today, I probably won't be able to touch it until sometime tomorrow (wed). Will let y'all know.

*passes ed some throaties* Good luck man!

Heh, throties are useful.

I'm pretty sure that .200 is back in business. I was very close to getting it this evening, but ran out of time before the opera call. Once I got home I made the one modifcation to apache that fixed the last issue, and tried to run a test call. Unfortunately, the ISP is still having teething issues with the new box and configs, and it seems that NFS is causing pain. And said pain decided to kick in just then. So I haven't yet had a sucessful test, because the bloody server isn't responding at the moment. However, I'm pretty sure it will work when it comes back(my last run this evening, apache was seeing the slices as cgis, due to a foolishly placed ScriptAlias directive, but otherwise the system seemed fully functional, and with 10 minutes to backstage call I didn't have anymore time to spend on it). I'll update again once I get a sucessful test, but in the meantime if anybody else does (since I'm about to go to sleep, heh), feel free to post. For the moment I'm getting service unavailable (which makes good sense as the server isn't responding), but given the machine is in California, it will probably come back up during their early morning, before I'm up...

Quote Originally Posted by ehintz
    Heh, throties are useful.

For the moment I'm getting service unavailable (which makes good sense as the server isn't responding), but given the machine is in California, it will probably come back up during their early morning, before I'm up...
    just tried at 5.45am and no joy as yet

Ok, had a couple more fiddly bits in apache, but it just worked for me... Somebody else is getting a slice right now too...

worked for me! thanks Ed.. Do you know if there is anyway to get the channel logos onto the Tivo while still using your emulator? I'm not keen to try switching to dev emulator since it seems from the other threads that nobody has been able to do it without re-imaging and there's no way I'm going thru all that again

Heh. Fair enough... Dunno offhand. My guess would be that if you can get the slice itself you could just use the dbload bits to get it in, but I've not tried... I tried playing with a logo slice waaaay back (when we were using Daniel's guide slices), and it utterly b0rk3d my box, haven't been motivated since.

Quote Originally Posted by brucer
    Do you know if there is anyway to get the channel logos onto the Tivo while still using your emulator? I'm not keen to try switching to dev emulator since it seems from the other threads that nobody has been able to do it without re-imaging and there's no way I'm going thru all that again
    I did it (and I know of others too) fine back in May 2005.
    Here's my post showing what I did:
    http://www.forums.oztivo.net/showpos...0&postcount=31
    This didn't involve a rebuild or losing any programs... maybe the world has changed 'cos as I say in the post:
    "The easiest TiVo related thing I've ever done, thanks."
    Meat, beer, ... what more could a kid ask for? Of course... a TiVo! What were my parents thinking?

Thanks Ed - I'm back on the Ed-ulator without probs after not being able to get on the Dev emulator (80 or 8000 flavour).

I'm happy to keep trying to change over if it would be helpful - to work out why it didn't work for a few of us