Thread: STB IR Codes nuked by hidden hand

STB IR Codes nuked by hidden hand

My Panasonic STB stopped responding to both the Peanut and the IR Blaster on Sept 2. It took a while but I eventually found that the datetime against Cable Box Code 30053 (used by my Tivo to id the Panasonic) had been updated in /mfs/Component/Ir/TivoFormat on Sept 2.

I'm guessing that Code 30053 was modified during the call to the mothership.

Reloading Panasonic.tcl resolved the problem.

There is no tcl file for my STB in the IR Database so I used 30053 thinking this was a safe bet given that 30053 is listed in the IR Database with a[*] - indicating that it is not in the current OzTiVo IR slice.

If the updating did take place during the call home (and I can't think of how else it could have happened) then the config on my Tivo is obviously non-standard and I'd like to rectify this.

Can somebody please explain what happened here and point me in the right direction so that I can stop it from happening again.

Many thanks.

Al

This has been replied to on the mailing list, but I'll add it in here also to help people searching these threads.

All the codes up to and including 30084 have been included in the current slice, the[*] items in the database are out of date and need to be reset.

There was an announcement to list about the IR slices being updated and the
    update itself did not occur until more than a week later.

Never use codes >30000, as these will eventually get overwritten by new devices.

Use one of the test code numbers: 29998, 29997, 29996, 29995 when using an unsupported box. these will never be overwritten by a new IR slice.

In the interests of the community please do upload your Panasonic tcl soon,
    to save others from having to capture the codes.

Peter
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!