Thread: Problems extracting video

Problems extracting video

Hi all. I am trying (in vain) to make some DVDs from the files saved on my TiVO. I follow the info from the wiki to use TyTools in windows. But when I get to the end to make the vob files into a DVD file I get the message:
    "The procedure entry point _getreent could not be located in the dynamic libarary cygwin1.dll"

I have looked around for copies of cygwin1.dll and have copies from the install of TyTools, so I can't figure what going on. Anyone got any hints?

Thanks.

Hi

I had a similar problem. I eventually resorted to downloading the cygwin program from cygwin.com and it seemed to work. I think this had the libarary cygwin1.dll included. I'm still not sure what the problem was but I was just glad to be rid of that error message. There is probably a simpler solution and hopefully someone with far more technical knowledge than me can shed some light on this but I hope this gets you started in the right direction. I remember how frustrating that problem was.

Pastos

Thank you thank you thank you.....

Downloaded the latest, ran TyTools got the same errors grrrr. Rebooted ran TyTools same errors grrrr. Found and deleted all copies of the old cygwin1.dll and replaced them with the new one and "Happy happy joy joy".

I noticed that the new file is much larger then the old one, almost twice the size.

Thanks again Pastos.

Matt.