Ok I give up and scratch my head There are so many posts that wander off in different directions there appears to be no cohesive information in one place on NZ FTA - so can you guys bear with me while I ask a few questions to save me getting Sky installed.......

I have a Thomson UK Tivo. I have imaged my 120GB drive with the latest Philips Image following the steps outlined in the NZ TIVO Guide - oh and I was careful of hashing out the Aussie emulators - I suspect problems occur by us following the Aussie instructions to use Cable Plus Satallite option to get both set top box and Tuner - the install seems to balk at the postcode point until you go back and select cable only. Possibly not helped by not having an STB plugged in so Tivo can detect a signal

What I want is FTA terestrial though the built in UK Tivo Tuner and Guide data rather than get a Sky box installed as I will often want to record 2 FTA channels at once and want to get my 2 Tivo set up for FTA recording.

1. can I manually amend files to get the FTA frequencies in and what do I need to amend and how? (OK this is the query I am going to get laughed at for but I am trying to sort out a logical progression - feel free to reply with a link and snort of disgust)

2. does it matter what tuner you have? The reason I ask this is my other Tivo is using an NZ VCR as tuner and it has TV1 on channel 3 at 55.25, 2 on 5 at 175.25, 3 on 8 at 196.25 and C4 on 10 at 210.25. I cannot get Prime - god knows why but I am in the shadow of a hill on the wrong side of the Waiatarua transmitter. This is where I get confused as I am in West Auckland and Jaidev lists Auckland channels as 2 TV1, 4 TV2, 7 TV3, 9 C4 (different from what my VCR reports) and on my Tivo using internal tuner I can only get 2 channels through aerial - TV2 on 6 and TV3 on 9 - what goes on?????

3. If you look at the insert all sky channel file is it possible just to amend this file manually inserting FTA channels as 1,2,3,4,5 etc knocking the sky channels further up the number and then insert as a new channel line up (for when I may get sky later on when wifey gets back from the UK)?

4. If you CAN do that can you amend the guide date files so the relevant bits point to renumbered sky channels so you still get sky guide data?

5. Can you then make the FTA entries point at the sky guide data that is a duplicate of FTA (e.g. FTA TV3 point to Sky 3 data, or if that stuffs up the channel it changes to can you copy the channels guide data with another ID number?

6. If you do this manual buggerising about do you still get guide data automagically through the emulator or have you irretreivably broken it by this stage?

Sorry it is long but I am thoroughly confused and, although willing to take a punt at things I am running into too many variables for my non-technical brain to handle.

After all this I have to set up a Wireless Acces Point on my Tivo and another WAP into my Router as I cannot run a network cable from my ADSL point to my Tivo - good fun!