Hello all
I have a problem that I can't find listed anywhere on the net, so here's hoping someone can help.
I got a Thomson Tivo in from the UK and imaged Philips to the original 40G drive. Set up okay and everything worked perfectly for a few days including telnet and Tivoweb via serial.
However, yesterday morning (Wednesday 24 Aug) I turned on the TV and got a box covering most of the screen which says "SERVICE LOCKING - Enter Personal Identification Number". It also has an area with 4 asterisks which I presume is the PIN number and an Okay button as well as a Cancel button which I can't access. I've tried every button on the remote but it could be a button combination that I haven't been lucky enough to crack yet.
No matter what I do, I can't get rid of this box/screen. I thought it may be something to do with Parental Control but after enabling/disabling etc, it was still the same. Now Playing recorded programs also have this box over them so they are totally useless.
The last thing I remember doing before this happened was using Joe editor but I don't believe I actually changed anything as I didn't do any saves...Iwas just viewing.
The only other thing that I thought might be the problem is imaging over the original UK drive with the US image. Could some type of Tivo protection be lurking on the drive and do I need to do a format of the drive and then image it?
Any help would be appreciated as myTivo is currently the most expensive paper weight I have in the house.
Cheers
Bill