Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Failed. Service Unavailable Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by DJC
    Changing from port 80 to 8000 should have little effect... PROVIDED you haven't manually loaded any logos. The key difference with the 8000 emulator is that it has a logo slice.

/DJC

Oh, but I do have manually loaded logos... what would the effect be?
    US Philips HDR212 Series 1 Tivo, Cachecard with 512MB RAM, 320GB hard disk, OzTivo Image 1.6.2-20061109. Tivo rocks!
    New Zealand

Result is ... "Failed While Loading Data" ... So this is not an option for you.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

Out of data!

I believe it is a problem with the orac emulator if you completely run out of data.

A couple of weeks ago telecom ( ) stuffed up our adsl connection for 4 days, during which one of the two tivos here ran out of data (because it had been disconnected from the network for a couple of days before this occurred). The other one was always on the network, and therefore had data to cover the 4 days of no web connection. When the web was reconnected, the tivo with no data would not connect but the other one was fine.

All the symptoms were exactly the same as your case
    - ran out of data
    - nothing changed to hardware configuration/files etc
    - could wget slices and manually load them
    - timed out when trying to connect by itself (service unavailable message)
    The tivo which never ran out of data worked fine, with the same setup on the same network.

Not wanting to re-image, I tried changing to the other emulator at 64.151.65.200 - and it downloaded and indexed with out any problems. There were a few holes in the data (not sure if this is normal or not), so changed back to 210.48.107.133 and it then downloaded and indexed successfully!

Something is still slightly broken however, it works fine so long as it is always connected to the network. If it misses a slice (ie network unplugged for more than a day), then instead of getting both the old and new slices it fails (service unavailable) and downloads nothing. Swapping back and forth between emulators rectifys this problem, and it then continues to work as normal again.

I didn't bother posting on here because I just figured the tivo database had randomly become corrupt or something. The similarity with your situation suggests it is a problem with the emulator - which most people never see because they keep the data topped up. I realise this doesn't really give you a proper answer to your problem, but you are not alone. Perhaps someone with knowledge about the emulator workings can have a look at this?

Quote Originally Posted by MrGadget
    Interesting note - don't think it's relevant - but who knows... as the internet access was down from Tuesday to Sunday, no guide data was downloaded (therefore tivo was mostly out...) - I manually loaded an nzdev.slice on Sunday and only got data fro the following Tuesday onwards... any way this could cause the current issues?
    Lets test this...

Can you try a data retrieval from the emulator now, lets see the result with a set of end to end complete slices loaded up.

The nzdev.slice I've just uploaded is a full slice starting now and going forward, so this will (also) eliminate missing days by loading manually. Then we'll see if the issue continues for future slices.
    Last edited by DJC; 23-08-2005 at 06:02 PM.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite

Quote Originally Posted by catdog
    I believe it is a problem with the orac emulator if you completely run out of data.
    Yay - I'm not alone :-)
    I'll clear the data and try again....
    As for the wholes in the other emulators guide data - yes, from my experiences quite normal - hense my change to the emulator on orac
    US Philips HDR212 Series 1 Tivo, Cachecard with 512MB RAM, 320GB hard disk, OzTivo Image 1.6.2-20061109. Tivo rocks!
    New Zealand

The "clear program data & todo list" didn't help - clear and delete everything might, but I didn't want to lose the recorded shows. Failing that, re-image the drive?

As for the wholes in the other emulators guide data - yes, from my experiences quite normal - hense my change to the emulator on orac
    Whoo! hang up... I've just uploaded completed slices, see previous post... lets test the theory first.

Smile Bugger

Guys,

Friends TIVO is exhibiting exactly the same problems. He hasn't been connected to the net for a while, and when we last connected he got the Failed. Service unavailable.

I've done a clear and delete, checked and double checked the address, can wget slices, can ping the server, can telnet, can tivoweb, but just wont get data.
    Get an error in the tconfig.log XferRqst timeout waiting to read

Running out of ideas, contemplating a re-image, but maybe you guys are on to something.... I'm just trying connecting to the dev emulator and see if that makes a difference.

Tivo Philips Series 1
    - 200Gb Western Digital Drive
    - Turbo Net Card
    - Sky TV - Pace Digibox
    - Sky Digital, Auckland
    tyServer, yac

Quote Originally Posted by DJC
    Lets test this...

Can you try a data retrieval from the emulator now, lets see the result with a set of end to end complete slices loaded up.

The nzdev.slice I've just uploaded is a full slice starting now and going forward, so this will (also) eliminate missing days by loading manually. Then we'll see if the issue continues for future slices.
    Okay - just tried a connection via Tivoweb - failed as usual - I'll manually download the latest slice and dbload it... I'll advise further....
    New Zealand

After dbload'ing a slice (and a nice fat one it is too - data thru to Monday sometime), then indexing, a followup daily call gives the same result... failed...
    New Zealand