Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Failed. Service Unavailable Part 2

Me too..

Hi all

I'm using dialup into Actrix - same problem with 'service not answering' for the past 2 weeks or so. No changes to setup, actrix assure me no change. I'll reset my guide data tonight, change the em to 210.48.107.133 and see what happens. Very weird. 2 other tivos I've set up - dialup into xtra & ihug are both ok at this stage.
    Cheers
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by bikermike
    Hi all

I'm using dialup into Actrix - same problem with 'service not answering' for the past 2 weeks or so. No changes to setup, actrix assure me no change. I'll reset my guide data tonight, change the em to 210.48.107.133 and see what happens. Very weird. 2 other tivos I've set up - dialup into xtra & ihug are both ok at this stage.
    Cheers
    Mike
    64.151.65.200 is up fine... I'm downloading a slice from it even as I type. AFAIK it's been fine for several weeks at the least... I'd be suspecting something with the dialup connection. IIRC, the message for a down emulator is "Failed, service unavailable"; not answering could be an issue on the dialup side. Just guessing though.

Try plugging a phone in parallel to the TiVo and listen when it makes the call.

See if it is dialing out, the ISP is answering, and then comms start.

One of the posibilities with the 'service not answering' message is you might have a fried modem. It may either not dial the number at all or if it does dial it is deaf to the ISP answering the call and will not initiate comms.

Peter
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Unhappy oops

Sorry - the error is service unavailable - same as everyone else. I can hear the modem dial & connect thru to actrix. This baby was running sweet, no changes for months, then the calls just stopped getting thru...I've just tried changing the ip, deleting guide data and rerunning gs but still no joy.

Red face just call me bart...

ok. so the error is service not answering. Well at least it is now but I'd swear it was unavailable...I saw somewhere theres some info on using an external modem thru the serial port. Let me see how I go with that. Thanks for the tips guys...

Cheers
    Bart