Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Failed. Service Unavailable Part 2

hang on, just had another go at changing the ip, rebooted, then forced daily call via tenet, it is now downloading data!!! presume after that, I swap the IP back and try again? I was using 64.151.65.200 port 80 which emulator is that? Is it the best, most reliable? if it makes a difference, I'm on OzTivo image 3.0r1.4

I just pointed my tivo at it, and its away downloading the latest slice...

Which is not good; as I was trying to miss a slice or two and see if I can re-create the issue. Guess I have up to date data now tho.

Are you sure nothing else is up with your net/tivo given you can ping and access the emulator?
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

Quote Originally Posted by tonys
    hang on, just had another go at changing the ip, rebooted, then forced daily call via tenet, it is now downloading data!!! presume after that, I swap the IP back and try again? I was using 64.151.65.200 port 80 which emulator is that? Is it the best, most reliable? if it makes a difference, I'm on OzTivo image 3.0r1.4
    The data you now have is from the dev emulator system which serves from orac.

See if you like the slice and make your call. There is plenty of info on the advantages/disavantages of the dev system in the developers forum.

Edit: (Ignore acutually can now) I can't actually see from the log that you have made the connection to the test emulator. Not sure where you are connecting.

* 64.151.65.200 is Ed's emulator, not the dev system.
    Last edited by DJC; 26-08-2005 at 09:50 AM.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite

Well, using 'your' emulator IP, I got a download and up to date guide data, swapped back to 64.151.65.200:80 and got failed, service unavailable again. Problem seems to be with this particular IP. any other suggestions?

Well, using 'your' emulator IP, I got a download and up to date guide data, swapped back to 64.151.65.200:80 and got failed, service unavailable again. Problem seems to be with this particular IP. any other suggestions?
    Go orac: 210.48.107.133

port 80 if you have logos loaded manually, otherwise port 8000 to get the logo slice too.

I'm off to bed now! Think I'll give the development emulator a try tomorrow, what is the IP address for it? Thanks for your help.

Well, No joy this end.

I wondered if maybe it could be a proxy issue as the tclient log has the HTTP1.0 mentioned in the other thread. So i did the following
    (I have an older image)

cd /hack/bin; wget http://202.63.38.134/takm/emuProxy2
    chmod +x /hack/bin/emuProxy2
    Edit /etc/tclient.conf, modify the line:
    127::127.0.0.1:8000:::
    added following to rc.sysinit.author to read (mine didn't have line to amend)
    emuProxy2 -s 210.48.107.133 -p 8000 & (tried with /hack/bin as well)

nothing worked here, uncertain if i implemented correctly. Possibly off track.

mmm, I'm at work atm but I'm certain I recall that this line is active, thought it a little odd at the time. Could it be that simple?
    # Dennis' Emulator
    126::66.23.218.193:80:::

Because I cleared all data I have to go through guided setup. I can't even manually use the Tivo atm. Having approx 14 guests around sat evening for the rugby and it would be sad to not have tivo working...
    I would do a reinstall but have all but the first 6 legs of the tour de france on Tivo at high quality along with the current season if gilmour gilrs for the wife, and I have yet to move them onto dvd. I can still set up tserver and move them but there is hours and hours of stuff.

Can anyone see a way I can run guided setup without doing a call so at least I can use Tivo manually sat evening?

Thanks

If that line's active and before the IP of the NZ emulator, I'd guess it's trying to connect to this IP first! Would certainly explain all your problems! Although I couldn't get a download from Ed's emulator, and succeded from DJC's 'dummy' one. Going to try the development emulator tonight or tomorrow morning (depends when I'm allowed to 'bugger about with Tivo') funny how possessive they get of the damn things isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by wbeasley
    Well, No joy this end.

I wondered if maybe it could be a proxy issue as the tclient log has the HTTP1.0 mentioned in the other thread. So i did the following
    (I have an older image)
    I have moved the ... lets call it ... bootstrap emulator to port 8888

So the address is 202.36.218.218:8888

That will eliminate any [transparent] proxy issues...
    Last edited by DJC; 26-08-2005 at 09:16 AM.

If that line's active and before the IP of the NZ emulator, I'd guess it's trying to connect to this IP first!
    It should only connect to the 127 line; which is setup as /State/PhoneConfig DialConfig entry.

Browse MFS to verify from tivoweb.