Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Failed. Service Unavailable Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by ehintz
    (btw, if I'm wrong on this let me know; I'll try to ensure that mine is either identical to, or as close as possible, to the dev one, just for consistencies sake)
    Heh. Just read earlier in the thread that the dev numbering scheme is higher... Let me know what it is and I'll modify mine to be the same. At the moment I'm just taking the day the slice is downloaded and using it as the base name of the slice (AK$ZIP_$TODAYEPOCH-$TODAYEPOCH+7). Obviously this is quite easy to change to match the dev emulator if need be.

Heh. Just read earlier in the thread that the dev numbering scheme is higher... Let me know what it is and I'll modify mine to be the same. At the moment I'm just taking the day the slice is downloaded and using it as the base name of the slice (AK$ZIP_$TODAYEPOCH-$TODAYEPOCH+7). Obviously this is quite easy to change to match the dev emulator if need be.
    And in the spirit of full disclosure, I'm also running a cronjob every 6 days which takes the nonag slice, names it AK$ZIP_$TODAYEPOCH, and drops it in the listings directory. The emulator code deletes it after about 5 days, hence the cronjob to regenerate it. Somewhat kludgy but it does ensure that nobody gets the nonag message (it only needs to be loaded once, but keeping it there ensures that newbies get the benefits of nonag as well).

Greets Ed:

The post about the emulator running higher numbers, is in regard to the slice, the slice version numbers in the dev system have a higher number than those jaidev creates.

The slice names are the same at epoch, except dev system is +14, with additional information for TVSN inserted in the database as a permanent NoNag scenario.

Cheers/DJC
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

Hi again,

Just a quick note to let you know that I seemed to have fixed it - still not quite sure how. I re-ran guided setup and made sure that I went into the Phone settings - I didn't actually change anything but obviously whatever was stopping me connecting was reset somehow. Wtatever it was - it's all working fine today.

I did just want to say a big thanks to everyone out there who puts their time and efforts into maintaining and improving the guide info - you've done a great jov and without you my Tivo wiould just be an ugly black box taking up space in my stereo cabinet

Just my $0,02

Brendon.

Quote Originally Posted by DJC
    Greets Ed:

The post about the emulator running higher numbers, is in regard to the slice, the slice version numbers in the dev system have a higher number than those jaidev creates.

Cheers/DJC
    And just to clarify; port 80 is jaidev's slices, port 8080 (or whichever it is) runs the dev slices, right?

And just to clarify; port 80 is jaidev's slices, port 8080 (or whichever it is) runs the dev slices, right?
    Port 80 and 8000 both run dev slices. Port 8000 is the one for experimenting, has logo slices and a bit of extra stuff. Port 80 is more of a semi-production version of port 8000.

Your emu is the only one running jaidev's slices.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

Quote Originally Posted by DJC
    Port 80 and 8000 both run dev slices. Port 8000 is the one for experimenting, has logo slices and a bit of extra stuff. Port 80 is more of a semi-production version of port 8000.

Your emu is the only one running jaidev's slices.
    Ahh, got it. Thanks for the clarification.

Although much of the technical aspect goes over my head I thought I'd add my bit to this discussion in case it is helpful.
    I was originally on the standard emulator with no problems. Then I found that daily calls would suceed but no guide data was downloaded.
    Clearing guide data did not help so after reading some of the discussion here I thought I would try the development emulator on port 8000. The first call succeeded but when that data ran out subsequent calls failed with service unavailable. Clearing guide data did not help and changing to port 80 did not work either. However changing back to the standard emulator seems to have done the trick at this stage and I now have guide data. I did not need to re run guided setup. I'm not sure if there is a general conclusion as to what the problem is but I hope this may help in some way. I would also like to add my thanks to all those that make the Tivo service possible. There is no way I could go back to that horrible sky guide

Cheers

Pastos

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by slangnz
    Content-Type: text/plain; ch****t=ISO-8859-1
    Oh btw, My appologies on why this comes up as stars... I had an incorrect censorship setting which is now fixed that I did not notice before. It should read charset=ISO-8859-1 except it was filtering out the four letters inbetween. I'm sure you can figure it out yourself as I did!

Cheers!
    Ex Tivo Owner.
    Philips Tivo
    Version 1.3 Emulator Image from Minnie
    200Gig Western Digital HDD
    No Turbonet or Cachecard
    Slices: Cable Digital FTA

Quote Originally Posted by wbeasley
    I switched to 127::210.48.107.133:8000::: this evening and managed to download guide data fine.

Looks like it's only a problem for me when I re-run guided setup.
    I did delete guide data and season passes when i was troubleshooting the old emulator, perhaps this was a factor.
    FYI, I have been successfully useing the DEV 8000 daily since this posting but ran out of guide data Wednesday (Tivo was off my network for a week) and when i tried a manual update last night it failed as previous. I switched back to the the old emulator and downloaded guide data fine,