Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Failed. Service unavailable

Hmmm, looks like the 2nd attempt got further as its recognising the area code slice....?

Heres another thing to try.. the development emulator [woooo] is on port 8000, its likely that your isp isn't transparent proxy'ing that port.

Might be worth a crack, provided you haven't got any logos loaded...
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

Quote Originally Posted by sadrake
    Aug 16 17:54:16 (none) comm[157]: Uploading HTTP Header for modLog of /var/log/svclog: POST /tivo-service/mlog.cgi HTTP/1.0^M Content-Length: 358^M ^M

Aug 16 17:54:16 (none) comm[157]: read HTTP Header: HTTP/1.0 200 OK^M Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 05:54:07 GMT^M Server: Apache/2.0.53^M Content-Type: text/plain; ch****t=ISO-8859-1^M X-Cache: MISS from cache1.qsi.net.nz^M Connection: close
    If the emuproxy2 was working properly the 2nd 'HTTP Header' line should be 1.1 and not 1.0 still. It's ok for the 'Uploading Header' line to show 1.0.

Perhaps the hack has not been implemented on the NZ server.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

As you suggested trying the Dev server I changed rc.sysinit.author to point at the dev server and added the port and rebooted

emuProxy2 -s 210.48.107.133 -p 8000 &

It has gone through and downloaded the guide data - so happy days. I was almost ready to switch back to xtra (as much as I hate telecom at least their service worked for all of my equipment)

Seeing as this worked it tells me that emuproxy was working correctly when I was pointing it at the production emulator but for some reason still did not work. As peter mentioned maybe the hack has not been implemented on it yet?

Its an interesting little experiment, and handy to know that an emulator on a port other than 80 is a useful thing. Welcome to the dev emulator setup, presume you have logos slices and so on now, data updates daily ~ any issues post them into the dev forum so we don't get confused.

Cheers/DJC
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work