Thread: tivo not cooperating.. :)

tivo not cooperating.. :)

i have a problem with gathering tv guide data. happened after id uh had the wrong network cable unplugged from my switch and had gone a week or so without making a call.

i hooked it back up, rebooted, made the call home, and then, i had the list of shows on the 'grid' (using tivowebplus) but none of my season passes were working. and, when i clicked on a show it would not be shown on the list of upcoming episodes. i also tried to record by time/channel and select cold case tonight, but, every channels shows at every time were showing up as '0'

my daiily callw as successful. but i figured it mighta screwed up, so i called/rebooted a few times hoping it would magically work, and it didnt. sooo on another thread i saw the advice, system reset/ reset todolist and guide data. and i did that, and now....

Last Successful Call: Monday, Aug 08 at 9:35 pm
    Last Call Attempt: Monday, Aug 08 at 9:35 pm
    Last Attempt Status: Succeeded
    Next Scheduled Call: Wednesday, Aug 10 at 12:38 am
    Prog. Guide Data to: Thursday, Jan 01, 1970
    Software Version: 3.0-01-1-000

... that shows up when i click 'phone'. um, how can i fix it?

any advice is muchly appreciated

Sounds like the clock is warped.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King
    Sounds like the clock is warped.
    Look at the first problem and solution here FAQ/ProblemsAndSolutions for answers.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

mmm yep i believe that was my original problem, which i kinda made worse by resetting the program guide data/to do list.

im gonna leave it for a day or two and hope it fixes itself when it does its own call home. sigh, i really should have read the faq's before trying to fix it myself :P

at the moment theres no guide data at all, and forcing a call doesnt help.. ill ask for more advice later if it doesnt fix itself :/

alright, it somewhat fixed. though, at the moment i only have data for a few channels each day. is there any way to fix this?

moral to this story is dont unplug the tivos network cable for extended periods of time :P

It is either still indexing the new data or you may have a corrupted database, both of these normally clear by themselves over time.

But if you want to speed it up you could execute 'Clear Program Data & To Do List' from the System Reset menu, under Messages & Setup.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!