Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no guide listings for live tv or guide listings

no guide listings for live tv or guide listings

Hello

Firstly, thanks to darren who so generlously helped me over the weekend by fixing my tivo. I really appreciate all the help you gave to me. I have been at this since saturday and have tried a heap of things in the mailing list but im having no luck with it at all

Once I have finished the guided installation, It says leave you tivo for 4-8 hrs. When i hit select it comes up with the information bar asking me to make a call to get more guide data. I thought that was part of indexing so i left it for a whole 24 hrs. After that, still no guide data. Well since then i have asked it to call several times and each times it stays at setting clock for 5-10 mins then it say getting guide data. and completes. I am using a serial connection or this set at 57600 and PPP is set on the tivo as well. The weird thing is when doing the guided install, if i try to use the ,#257 code it fails but when i change it to 401 it's fine. Also the serial link between my tivo and the PC is always on. Now i have tried fixing the warped time as well and looked for errors in the tvlog but i cant see anything wrong with it. Another point is that when inb the phone connection, the 'program guide data to' is listed as none available. when it finishes redialling it says that it has succeeded but the program guide data is still listed as none available. I am stumped and really dont now what to do here. Is there anyone who has had this issue?

Under live tv it just says Daily call required.

Btw i have already tried doing the guided setip again and this has proved fruitless. I have tried clearing any possible guide data and getting it downloaded again by forcing a dial bak with no luck at all. Anyone with suggestions? Have i missed something?

Thanks

Is this a fresh install? If not, it might pay to do a "Clear Program Data & Todo List" in Messages & Setup / System Reset. before running the GS.

You have not told us what you have selected during the install, for example if you choose antenna or Satellite & antenna as a source this will cause problems. Make sure you follow all the steps in GuidedSetup30 Please tell us what you have selected for your source(s), postcode, area code and which lineups you selected for your input source(s).

Quote Originally Posted by lollercoaster
    Well since then i have asked it to call several times and each times it stays at setting clock for 5-10 mins then it say getting guide data. and completes.
    Forcing more than 1 daily call within a 24 hour period can cause indexing and clock warp errors.

I am using a serial connection or this set at 57600 and PPP is set on the tivo as well. The weird thing is when doing the guided install, if i try to use the ,#257 code it fails but when i change it to 401 it's fine.
    the ,#257 code is used for a serial connection (EG external modem) the ,#401 tells the TiVo you want to enable backdoors and in your case use ppp over the serial connection.

If after checking all of the above it still does not work for you attach a copy of your otclient log after a daily call.

Peter
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

thanks for the advise pete. Well I am still having the same issue so i will break down what i have done so that you all have a good idea of what i have done.

I decided to start from scratch and do a low level format on the harddrive and then install the image from the iso on minnie. When i ran it i did the standard install of the files using a 127mb partition on a 40gb harddrive. After that i set the connection to ppp using serial (rather than bash) as noted in the connect using an xp machine.

After installing the software i ran the guided setup to the letter as noted on the website. In that i mean i selected cable as my input source (im on fox dig), and chose the area codes for Victoria (03000 and 003). I did the initial dial up and when it connected to my p the tivo actually downloaded approx 320kb. After that i selected the selected foxtel digital for my provider, advised it i needed 3 figures to change channels and hose the oztivo settings. I selected the code 30046 for the ir and then it went through the final dial up process. once completed it ran the intro and after that went to the guide. I switched over to live tv and now it says "youm must make a daily call to get more program guide data"

In the messages folder it also advises me that the reorder has no more program guide data and that it must make a successful daily call to resume recording season passes. When i go into the phone connection setup the heading "program guide data to:" states "none available"

In terms of my connection to the internet, I am running a dsl connection. The dsl/router is connected to a wireless router and that is what everthing is conneted to. The tivo connects to my lounge computer using the serial cable and then this connects to the wirless router. I have to manually set the TP/Ip addresses for the connection which have been set at 192.168.2.x1 to .x5 respectively. this is the same as the other computers on my network as well as my xbox.

As requested,I have uploaded the otclient log from the last daily call. Hope you can help cos although it is now up and running it is really aglorified vcr :s

Thanks for the help, hope there is something i can do.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have concerns about the following from your otclient.log

Quote Originally Posted by Otclient
    Aug 3 18:19:38 (none) comm[138]: About to execute: /tvbin/crypto -gsn 2>&1
    Aug 3 18:19:40 (none) comm[138]: Command: /tvbin/crypto -gsn 2>&1, failed: 256
    Aug 3 18:19:40 (none) comm[138]: KeyQuery: failed to get serial number: Unable to get crypto chip's attention!
    Aug 3 18:19:40 (none) comm[138]: About to execute: /tvbin/crypto -gsv 2>&1
    Aug 3 18:19:42 (none) comm[138]: Command: /tvbin/crypto -gsv 2>&1, failed: 256
    Aug 3 18:19:42 (none) comm[138]: KeyQuery: failed to get version info: Unable to get crypto chip's attention!
    Aug 3 18:19:42 (none) comm[138]: About to execute: /tvbin/crypto -x -gek 2>&1
    Aug 3 18:19:44 (none) comm[138]: Command: /tvbin/crypto -x -gek 2>&1, failed: 256
    Aug 3 18:19:44 (none) comm[138]: KeyQuery: failed to get public key: Unable to get crypto chip's attention!
    Aug 3 18:19:44 (none) comm[138]: ProgramDataUtil: Accumulated 0 station days
    My understanding is that the Tivo needs these keys to access the guide data and your TiVo is failing to produce them.

How long did the 2nd call tivo made during GS take?

How long did you leave your tivo after running GS before trying to force a call?

This could also be an actual hardware fault with the crypto chip, what is the history of this unit. Have you just bought it, or are you just upgrading the image?

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Ummmm... history is that his original board was totally cactus and was swapped for this board out of my stock.

Having said that it DID get tested on my test hard disk and did not appear to have an issue with getting guide data. Although I have to admit it does look like the crypto chip has died.

I would have liked to actually return this unit with the owner's test hard disk fully set up but I don't have PPP and he don't have a network card so it wasn't that easy from my point of view not knowing how to reconfigure for either after imaging the hard disk.
    Last edited by Darren King; 04-08-2005 at 01:50 PM.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Hello Pete

Well i have actually only had the unit for about 2 weeks now having shipped it form the states. I had the board replaced about a week ago to resolve a picture problem that i was having. That was done by darren and as he has just mentioned everything seemed to be a ok

During the GS the second call takes about 5 mins to complete. very short. When i look at the data being transferred to the tivo it is about 22kb. As soon as the tio has completed the GS it actually asks me to make a dial back as no info is contained. At first i thought this was part of the indexing process, so i left it alone for a day to see if that would make a difference. At that point i rechecked all the details i had provided during the guided install and did the forced dial back.

This doesnt make sense because although it is not getting the guide data it is getting the channel names and respective numbers. I dont know much about the coding of course but i would assume that if it able to get specific channel numbers and names then wouldnt that indicate that motherboard is abe to decifer the information and provide the necessary codes?

Thanks for your help

I'm a little curious about this line in your log:

KeyQuery: failed to get serial number: Unable to get crypto chip's attention!

If you go to your on screen menu to the System Information screen do you actually see a system ID number on the screen or nothing?

I'm a little puzzled as I was always under the understanding that the TiVo would not boot if it could not talk to the crypto chip. I've actually tried this and it was the case so now I'm totally lost
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Darren

In system information I cannot find a system ID number at all. However, i do have the Harddrive ID. L41K1SC Tivo service number is listed as 'not available'

During the GS the second call takes about 5 mins to complete. very short. When i look at the data being transferred to the tivo it is about 22kb.
    This mean that it definately did not download any guide data, so at least we know its's not an indexing problem.

This doesnt make sense because although it is not getting the guide data it is getting the channel names and respective numbers. I dont know much about the coding of course but i would assume that if it able to get specific channel numbers and names then wouldnt that indicate that motherboard is abe to decifer the information and provide the necessary codes?
    My understanding is the headend data (channels etc) is not encrypted. only the guide slices are. this stops someone from copying the slices from one tivo to another to get around paying for 2 subscriptions.

I remember seeing software workarounds for Dtivos with similar issues, but can't recall seeing any for SA TiVo's.

Darren, did you run a GS on this board or did you just use an already imaged drive? Since it downloaded guide data for you, A workaround may be to run GS on a spare board using lollercoaster's drive, then try the drive in his tivo.

Peter.

Tivo service number is listed as 'not available'
    Thats not a good sign for the Crypto chip...

Peter