Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foxtel Digital Satelite Victoria gets NSW guide

Foxtel Digital Satelite Victoria gets NSW guide

Hi,

I have a problem with my TIVO program guide.

I have set it up to use Foxtel Digital Satelite Victoria settings but when it imports the channels all the FTA channels are for NSW ie channel 100 which is channel 9 FTA is listed as NSW, as is the other FTA channels.

I have rerun the guided setup 3 times and triple checked all my entries, with the same result.

I even set it up as if I was in perth just to see if that would make a difference, which it did and showed up correctly for Perth. But when I swiched back to Victoria the NSW channels come back.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Regards

Rohan

Hi Rohan,

Can you check which lineup your tivo is receiving. look in otclient log and find which headend you are downloading. There will be a line like:
    Jul 29 16:00:40 (none) comm[148]: working on headend, TMS Id:XXXXXXX

Where XXXXXXX will be something like VI03015.

At the moment we have the following for that lineup.

provider: 03015 Foxtel Digital
    version: 19
    lineuptype: Satellite
    use CableSat/Foxtel_Digital.lnup
    channel: 100 Nine-Syd
    channel: 102 ABC-NSW
    channel: 104 SBS-NSW
    channel: 107 Seven-Syd
    channel: 110 Ten-NSW

Can you confirm these are incorrect, and that you are definately using foxtel digital satellite.

In the meantime I'll see how many others are using this lineup and why they have not complained.

Peter
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Hi Peter,

I'm sorry but my unix capabilities are almost zero.

I can telnet in ok but I have no idea where (or how) to go from there.

Can you tell me where to look, and how to open a file.

Sorry for being so dumb.

Regards

Rohan

Hi Rohan

Actually despite what most people think most things involved with maintaining and diagnosing a TiVo don't involve having to know one solitary thing about unix/linux.

In your instance, otclient can be viewed easily from your web browser if you know how to access TiVoWEB. In TiVoWEB you will see a tab called "logs" and in there you will find otclient
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Rohan,

Adding the help Darren offered, just enter http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/logs/Otclient/ into a browser, where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address of the TiVo. This will list the contents of the log.

Most browsers have a find function (on IE6.0 its ctrl+F) enter 'TMS' into the find field and see what comes up.

When fox dig sat first started rebroadcasting FTA they only used NSW as the source, this may have changed. Digital Cable though does use local stations.

Can you confirm which FTA stations you receive via fox digital sat, their channel numbers and that you definitely don't receive the NSW versions.

It should be easy to tell as most channels have different news services for each state, execept SBS which has only rare variations in programming between east coast cities anyway.

Peter
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Thanks for the help guys.

Ok, I found the correct log and this is what mine says;

Jul 29 17:13:32 (none) comm[153]: working on headend, TMS Id: VI03015

This seems to be what you thought it would be and so I can confirm that the lineup appears to be incorrect.

provider: 03015 Foxtel Digital
    version: 19
    lineuptype: Satellite
    use CableSat/Foxtel_Digital.lnup
    channel: 100 Nine-Syd
    channel: 102 ABC-NSW
    channel: 104 SBS-NSW
    channel: 107 Seven-Syd
    channel: 110 Ten-NSW

Am I the only Foxtel Digital Satellite user in Melbourne?

BTW I also get 2 of channel 102 and 104 and I have to remove 1 of them from the channels that I receive list, otherwise I cant scroll past them when looking at the program guide.

Even when I set up for Perth as a test I still got an additional NSW 102, but I did also get a WA 102.

Also there is currently no CH7 (107) or CH10 (110) FTA rebroadcast on Foxtel Digital Satellite, apparently this is still in negotiation, but the spots are reserved for when the sort it out.

Thanks again for your help

Rohan

P.S I just found this line in the same log further down;

Jul 29 17:13:34 (none) comm[153]: working on headend, TMS Id: VI03001

I assume this is for my FTA Digital STB. This works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by rhamer
    Am I the only Foxtel Digital Satellite user in Melbourne?
    No, just the only one to mention this problem.

BTW I also get 2 of channel 102 and 104 and I have to remove 1 of them from the channels that I receive list, otherwise I cant scroll past them when looking at the program guide.
    This is a known issue and is on the todo list.

Also there is currently no CH7 (107) or CH10 (110) FTA rebroadcast on Foxtel Digital Satellite, apparently this is still in negotiation, but the spots are reserved for when the sort it out.?
    We have created these channels for future use.

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash
    Can you confirm which FTA stations you receive via fox digital sat, their channel numbers and that you definitely don't receive the NSW versions.

It should be easy to tell as most channels have different news services for each state, execept SBS which has only rare variations in programming between east coast cities anyway.
    So are you positive you receive Victorian ABC,SBS, & Nine on your foxtel box.

Peter.

Hi Peter,

So are you positive you receive Victorian ABC,SBS, & Nine on your foxtel box.
    I am 99.9% sure, certainly CH9 is Victorian.

I will do some testing now and compare what I am receiving via FTA with what I'm getting from Foxtel for ABC & SBS.

Cheers

Rohan

Hi Peter,

I am definately getting the same thing for CH9 ABC & SBS (all be it with a 5 second time delay)

I ran both the FTA and Foxtel signals to the TV at the same time, using PIP so there would be no mistake.

Cheers

Rohan

Most of the FTA programming on ABC, Nine, and SBS is the same most of the time, so you will generally not see any difference.

The best way to check, is to watch the news broadcasts and see if it's local Melbourne or Sydney news shown.

It's strange no one else has reported the problem. So I would like to be positive before changing this for everyone.

Peter