Thread: tivo service required

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

tivo service required

this is my first post i searched on this topic but did not find anything. i have philip 312 sa1 usa model. no hacks done yet, installed tivoweb plus, hackman and few other hacks. what do you do about the message
    (Subject: {TiVo Service Required}
    Date: 7/27
    Expire: 7/26
    You must have a valid TiVo Service account to use TiVo functionality. Please call TiVo Customer Care at 1-877-367-8486.

If you have already activated, thank you. Your TiVo Service account status will be updated within a few days. Or, you can make a daily call now to check your account status.

To make a daily call now:
    - Check that the phone line is connected
    - Then, from TiVo Central choose "Messages and Setup"
    - Choose "Recorder & Phone Setup"
    - Choose "Phone Connection"
    - Choose "Make Daily Call Now"
    If the call doesn't succeed, check the Phone Troubleshooting tips in "Messages and Setup."

If the Recorder is still unable to successfully call the TiVo Service after following )

i don't like this message and how can i git rid of it

dewanaboby,

Welcome to the forums, Where are you located ?

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to achieve.

Are you just wanting to record NTSC signals like a dumb VCR or do you want full TiVo functionality.

For the TiVo to work properly here in Australia/New Zealand it needs to be hacked so it will work with our PAL tv system. see PrepareTiVoDisk

Peter
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

thank you for replying,
    at the moment i am in usa as a student but i am from Papatoetoe, as you know there is ntsc here and i don't want to yet install the hack for pal, will do when i get back in about six months. i do not use this to record from tv so i don't really need guide and all that. i just want to use it as a vcr but i do hate that nag screen is there a way to get rid of that

Quote Originally Posted by dewanaboby
    i just want to use it as a vcr but i do hate that nag screen is there a way to get rid of that
    Yes, there are a few methods. The simplest one is to set your TiVo's date for a year in the past that has the same day/date lineup as the current year, I think 1994 is the same as 2005. But be aware that a TiVo's clock will drift without making daily calls, so it will need to be updated regularly.

There are other methods also, try a search on either tivocommunity or dealdatabase.

Peter
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!