Thread: Daily call: "Failed. Call Interrupted"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Daily call: "Failed. Call Interrupted"

About 3 weeks ago my TiVo was no longer able to successfully download guide data.

There seems to be a problem with downloading the guide data. In the System Info screen, it keeps saying that the last call has "Failed. Call Interrupted". When I manually make the daily call from the web interface, it seems like it reaches the server fine, and is able to set the clock successfully. Then it begins downloading the guide data and stops after a little while with the same message ("Failed. Call Interrupted").

If I then make a second call straight away, it is able to succeed. However there is still no guide data available. I suspect this is because it thinks my guide data is already up to date, and doesn't bother downloading it again. During this second daily call, it sets the clock on the TiVo, but hangs up straight after this. It then says that it is processing the data, and says it is successful once this is complete.

I've had a look on the web, and this is the closest I got to someone else having a similar problem:

http://minnie.tuhs.org/pipermail/ozt...ch/010883.html

But they seem to be having issues straight after the guided setup, and the advice was to start again from scratch. Obviously I'd prefer not to have to do this, so I'd really appreciate any other ideas.

Have you looked in the tclient or otclient logs to see why it is failing the first call?

If you don't know what to look for just post the next 20 or so lines after
    the one with something like "comm[117]: Backdoor code 4, enable calls via
    broadband" (assuming you use a network adapter or PPPonDSS for download as you haven't said how you connect).

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Hi

I had a similar problem about a month ago except I received the message "fail while preparing data". The solution to my problem which may work in your case was to clear the existing program data which takes about an hour and then try another daily call. To clear your guide data, go into Messages & Setup, System Reset, & Clear Program Data & To Do List. This does not delete your Now Showing programs. Here is the thread if you want to check it out.
    http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=605

I'm just a tivo newbie so some of the tivo experts may have a better idea but this may be worth a try.

All the best

Pastos

"Failed while preparing data" errors are quite common and I see them all the time when setting up TiVo's, although it is random so most people would not see it or simply instruct the TiVo to try again at which point the TiVo will succeed. I've never had to go to the lengths of clearing and deleting everything for it to be a success however.

In Leanne's case the problem of failing to download guide data but then being successful the next time is also common and again like I mentioned above simply initiating the "call" again usually works. The issue of no valid guide data could be that simply a reboot may correct things, or it may also mean the clock is warped - which it can very well be even if it has been "set" on a daily call.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Talking It's fixed! Thanks guys

I had already tried rebooting my TiVo several times and this didn't seem to change the situation. So I decided to clear my guide data, as Pastos suggested. Within an hour I had guide data, and on the next day I could re-select my seasons passes. And now everything is working perfectly.

Thanks so much for all your help! I can't believe how quick you guys were getting back to me.