Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NoNag

NoNag

How do I stop my Tivo constantly nagging about running low on guide data?
    I have the NoNag channel ticked as one I receive, but it doesn't appear to ever pick up guide data. Is this the NZ solution to the Nag issue, or is there a different solution here

Load the C4 nonag slice .. or take a look at the dev emulators.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

Thanks for the reply, as a complete newbie, who's only just learnt how to telnet into my Tivo and do the timestamp thing and force a reindex, which is the easiest, most idiot proof option of the two? Are there any potential pitfalls to switching to the development emulator? any major advantages?How do I make the switch, if that is the safest route for me?

Quote Originally Posted by tonys
    Thanks for the reply, as a complete newbie, who's only just learnt how to telnet into my Tivo and do the timestamp thing and force a reindex, which is the easiest, most idiot proof option of the two? Are there any potential pitfalls to switching to the development emulator? any major advantages?How do I make the switch, if that is the safest route for me?
    Well, it's just that.. a development emulator so there could be issues from time to time. Saying that, I've had my two tivos on it for at least a month (if not longer) and I've had no issues at all.

Touch wood.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

So if I go the dev emu route, how, in words of one syllable, do I make the switch?

Quote Originally Posted by tonys
    So if I go the dev emu route, how, in words of one syllable, do I make the switch?

Look here..

http://www.forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=578

alternatively, remove your hard disk from tivo, smear with chunky peanut butter and toast until the platter is bubbling. Serve while hot. Serves 2 people. What a lovely romantic dinner that would be

Quote Originally Posted by DJC
    Touch wood.
    *taps self on the forehead*

I threw the nonag slice up on the emulator a while back, but it cycled off after a few days (the emulator code considered it old data). I just tossed it back up there, so after the next call anybody having that prob should see it go away... I also set it up so it'll stick around this time.

Quote Originally Posted by ehintz
    I threw the nonag slice up on the emulator a while back, but it cycled off after a few days (the emulator code considered it old data). I just tossed it back up there, so after the next call anybody having that prob should see it go away... I also set it up so it'll stick around this time.

Good on ya mate *passes you a beer*