How do you upgrade to a later version? I assume you can copy the files and reboot (upgrade) rather than loose everything by formatting and starting over again!! Considering I got 70 hours of stuff that is not an option for me.

I have a TIVO running OZTIVO image, I assume its a 3.00, I got this file out of /dev/build-version

b-3-0-mr @81771 2002.05.08-1537 release-tivo1 BROADBAND BROADBAND_BACKDOOR COMPACT_LAYOUT DB_CHANNEL_FROM_URI DB_SECURITY_POLICY_QUERY DCT_SERIAL DEVENV_AVR DEVENV_MIPS DEVENV_PPC DEVENV_X86 DIRECTV DSS_SERIAL IRBLAST MACROVISION NIELSENLOGGING PERF_LOGGER STANDALONE STRONG_CRYPTO T2KSOURCE US_CABLE_AUTO_DETECT
3.0.S7a-01-1 3.0-01-1

Is there a command you can run in telnet spitting back the version?

I downloaded the files on http://minnie.tuhs.org/TiVo/files/im..._to_1.2.tar.gz

It basically contains only a few files. I carefully compared the dates and renamed the origional ones and copied new ones over in binary, chmod to 755. I did not copy the cachecard, etc as I have a later driver already.

Interestingly enough in /hack a file named
updatedtv.tcl
just turned up! There was already there a updatedtv.217. So I gave updatedtv.tcl a chmod 755 but cant execute it (file not found).

My question is how do you upgrade from one version to a later? The changes I read from 3.0 to 3.2 are only a few files. I would assume the updatedtv has to be executed to comeplet the install?

Also does the origional file /dev/build-version have to be now modified to reflect the correct version?

Any help appreciated..