Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: set Frequency for TiVo by using the remote?

Support for channels above 69

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King
    Yes I can solve this problem. You need to use the current palmod_config as detailed by Thompson in an above post. If you are already using it then you have not installed it correctly.
    Actually I doubt that the version on the page I pointed you at (which is probably the version on the OzTivo image) supports channels above 69... it's hard to know for sure as the source has not yet been posted.

The version posted here does... If you wish to have more than 69 channels then it may be your only option until the official version is updated.

Quote Originally Posted by teppy
    Hi Darren King,
    BTW, please cofirrm me that the oztivo image as you talked is ozTiVo_HDRX12_3.0-20050524.mfs at the link:
    http://minnie.tuhs.org/TiVo/files/images/
    Hi Teppy. No problems at all.

No, you require this directory where the ISO files are. The MFS files are not the CD install images you require:

http://minnie.tuhs.org/TiVo/files/images/iso/

Specifically you want this file:

http://minnie.tuhs.org/TiVo/files/im...2-20050524.iso
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Quote Originally Posted by thomson
    Actually I doubt that the version on the page I pointed you at (which is probably the version on the OzTivo image) supports channels above 69... it's hard to know for sure as the source has not yet been posted.
    Ta. Actually I will email you later this evening regarding some stuff with palmod that you might be interested in helping with.
    Darren King

Question Help me!!!

Hi Darren King,
    I downloaded the .iso file as you post and also restore into my hard drive by using the CD.
    But I couldn't see the menu to choose channels. I have to make dial call to get the menu right? But, unfortunately I'm not in Australia to do this. Please help me.
    BTW, if I live in Australia, can I setup my TiVo to get menu from oztivo server? When I recorde from PAL A/V or RF, I only recorded about 5-10 minutes and TiVo will be interrupt this, hic...hic,
    Thanks for your time.
    Best regards,
    Teppy

I downloaded the .iso file as you post and also restore into my hard drive by using the CD. But I couldn't see the menu to choose channels.
    That's because you have to actually do Guided Setup to see the list applicable to your area.

I have to make dial call to get the menu right?
    Depends. If you have a network card in the TiVo then you do not need to make a "dial call". You have not said what your TiVo consists of so I can't help.

But, unfortunately I'm not in Australia to do this.
    If you had told me this originally then I would not have suggested reimaging the hard disk with the OzTiVo image. You can make oztivo image work outside Australia but I am not software person so I cannot offer advice.

Also note to Teppy: Your "location" field in your personal details is there for a good reason...... (see mine says "Victoria"? I can't see yours!)

BTW, if I live in Australia, can I setup my TiVo to get menu from oztivo server?
    Yes

When I recorde from PAL A/V or RF, I only recorded about 5-10 minutes and TiVo will be interrupt this, hic...hic,
    What?

Sorry, I can't help you as I am totally confused about exactly what you are trying to accomplish. I think Thompson had a better handle on what you are wanting so I'll leave it to him, or someone else who wants to help.
    Darren King

Question Replace PAL tuner

Hi all,

My PAL tuner was broken. , so, I'm searching the PAL tuner to replace this one.
    I have two kinds of tuner to use.

1. Samsung tuner (part: TCMK0601PD20C)
    2. ALPS-TMDG tuner (part: TMDG2-832A/2214M41A)

Anybody give me advice to choice the suitable tuner

Thanks very much

Teppy

Quote Originally Posted by teppy
    I have two kinds of tuner to use.

1. Samsung tuner (part: TCMK0601PD20C)
    2. ALPS-TMDG tuner (part: TMDG2-832A/2214M41A)

Anybody give me advice to choice the suitable tuner
    Samsung and ALPS tuners are basically the same except that the Samsung cannot do RF output properly so if you need that then use the ALPS. Also both have slightly different pin connections so ensure you use the right installation document when doing the changeover.

Personally to make it easier for you I would simply pick the ALPS and follow the install document on my website but the choice is really yours if you use a Samsung or ALPS tuner.

I have stock of brand new ALPS. I also have some second hand Samsung tuners that I have removed from TiVo's for people who wanted to upgrade to an ALPS for RF output. Email me if interested in purchasing one from me otherwise I wish you all the best in fixing your TiVo and glad you found out what was wrong in the end.
    Last edited by Darren King; 05-07-2005 at 06:10 PM.
    Darren King

Question

Thanks Darren King,

You mean that I can use the ALPS with the partnumber I post to you?
    I'll try my best to install this tuner for my TiVo
    I'll contact to you if I have the requirements.

Once again, thanks for your supports.
    Best regards,

Teppy