Thread: twiki noob

twiki noob

Hi all,

I just did this

http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/vie...oughforSVR2000

but don't know if i have done it right - is it showing up anywhere? or does an admin have to make sure it isnt plans for a nuclear sub first?

I'm not sure why it is not showing up, but having 2000 in the wiki name is a nono to start with (see http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/TWiki/WikiWord for a guide).

But even after changing the name it was still not being indexed for some weird reason.

I rebuilt it here
    Code:
    http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Install/SonyTivoWalkthrough
    Link: http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/vie...ivoWalkthrough

I also started to edit it.

Unfortunately anytime a guide is written it is already out of date.

I'm upto the cachecard section, The cachecard is now supported by the install menu and does not require these steps.

I'll re-visit it when I get more time.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

thanks Pete,

unfortunately, i read that wiki guide, after naming it

i know that the new iso supports cachecard, but dont know what i did wrong then, cause i still had to change it to run the cachecard instead of the turbonet

i knew it would need work, was just hoping a big mess of framework would inspire someone knowledgable, such as yourself, to fix it and make it actually useful

but dont let that stop you

Kieran

i know that the new iso supports cachecard, but dont know what i did wrong then, cause i still had to change it to run the cachecard instead of the turbonet
    There is still a slight bug even in the most recent release which stops the actual cache drivers loading, though if you hadn't had a cachecard before you would not know it wasn't working as all the networking features work fine. You just need to delete a few characters from rc.sysinit to get it working.

All the known bugs (and solutions) are kept here:
    http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/vie...ntImageRelease

This one should finally be fixed in the next release.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

oh, i was having all kinds of issues with networking (mainly from bodgy cables) so i may not have needed to do that step

although, i did manually change the rc.sysinit (i think, my *nix is bad) to be correct (based on what google told me, i think it was a link from silicon dust)

either way, works fine - besides the fact that it is now locking up on me, the peanut remote is incompatible with my stereo and my wife has the ****s with me

but hey, life wasnt meant to be easy

although, i did manually change the rc.sysinit (i think, my *nix is bad) to be correct (based on what google told me, i think it was a link from silicon dust)
    You have to be careful when reading things meant for standard US tivo images and applying that to the Oztivo image. For example using the silicon dust installer can break other functions on the image. There have been a lot of modifications to the US software to make it run in PAL and use our timezones.

Installing from the image that you used, networking will work using the cachecard without any modification.

To enable the cache function all you need to do is find the line with cachectl -t -p 0:10 and replace it with cachectl -t in rc.sysinit.

If you are still having strange problems, it may be best to start from scratch again with the latest image and only use info found on Oztivo to make any modifications.

Peter.

while i can remember exactly what or where i changed whatever it is i changed (helpful aint i) i do know all i did was change the word turbonet, to cachecard

i am even pretty certain i got that data from one of the oztivo wikis

fyi, i fixed the locking up remote (pushing button combos you dont know is bad) - the remote incompatability i know how to fix, just need and original svr2000 remote that can learn codes - and the wife, well she hates that there is a 1 second lag with the foxtel remote (for interactive news and weather)

and as my cachecard has no ram - i haven't bothered looking up how to make it work

but you just saved me time

now if only i wasnt poor - got a spare 512mb pc133 you dont need