Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Motorola DTH335?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Hi, Can you confirm whether this did work with the MotorolaDTH325-4.tcl slice?
    Sorry, David, I can't confirm either way -- I swapped it for a Pace (cop-out, I know). It wasn't working for me but it initially didn't work with the Pace, either, so I can't blame the Motorola.

Cheers,
    Matt

Hi, Can you confirm whether this did work with the MotorolaDTH325-4.tcl slice? I have been having a hack at this an cannot get it to work, wanted to confirm whther it is just me or whether it doesn't work, if the latter I might have a go at creating one using my PDA and pronto edit.

Cheers

David
    David,

If you are asking whether the MotorolaDTH325-4.tcl file will have the TiVo control a Motorola DTH325-4 decoder, I believe it will because the .tcl was originally made to control exactly that model - hence the name of the file.
    Though I used it for my MotorolaDTH320-4 decoder.

I have made some edits to my instructions post below (including the file attachment):

http://www.forums.oztivo.net/showpos...3&postcount=11

If that doesn't help feel free to post a reply or PM me.

Sean.

EDIT:

Bother, I've just reread the start of the thread and now assume you have a Motorola DTH335-4. It may still be worth trying again though.
    Meat, beer, ... what more could a kid ask for? Of course... a TiVo! What were my parents thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanOffShotgun
    David,

If you are asking whether the MotorolaDTH325-4.tcl file will have the TiVo control a Motorola DTH325-4 decoder, I believe it will because the .tcl was originally made to control exactly that model - hence the name of the file.
    Though I used it for my MotorolaDTH320-4 decoder.

I have made some edits to my instructions post below (including the file attachment):

http://www.forums.oztivo.net/showpos...3&postcount=11

If that doesn't help feel free to post a reply or PM me.

Sean.

EDIT:

Bother, I've just reread the start of the thread and now assume you have a Motorola DTH335-4. It may still be worth trying again though.
    Thanks Sean, No problems running the script, I have a couple of issues though.

The first is that I don't have a Motorola DTH325, just a 335. I cannot confirm whether the hacks I have made have actually worked or whether the 335 and 325 use different codes.

I have gone through the IR database capture file on the OZtivo site and have attempted to capture the codes using the tivo, but without much success.

Was considering getting the PDA and loading pronto edit and having a go that way. will obviously have to try harder, (or just give up) will have to see. I can feel a divorce coming on, have had this thing since Monday and haven't done much else in the evenings...

Cheers

David

Thanks Sean, No problems running the script, I have a couple of issues though.

The first is that I don't have a Motorola DTH325, just a 335. I cannot confirm whether the hacks I have made have actually worked or whether the 335 and 325 use different codes.

I have gone through the IR database capture file on the OZtivo site and have attempted to capture the codes using the tivo, but without much success.

Was considering getting the PDA and loading pronto edit and having a go that way. will obviously have to try harder, (or just give up) will have to see. I can feel a divorce coming on, have had this thing since Monday and haven't done much else in the evenings...

Cheers

David
    OK, sometimes people have trouble with their IR Blasters, so can I assume for the moment that you set it up all correctly and lets just say that your model Motorola can handle the codes the TiVo is trying to send.

Assuming that you have a double ended IR Blaster, put one end above the Motorola's IR reciever and one end below it (pointing towards eachother) - and try that.

Otherwise, to confirm whether or not the .tcl and your Motorola are compatible you could get a remote that works with a 325 and point it at your 335 - if it works then the tcl should work.

So... where do you live? If it's not too personal a question - your profile says N/A . Someone near you may volunteer their remote.

PS

Divorce... messy... just make sure you get to keep the TiVo.
    Meat, beer, ... what more could a kid ask for? Of course... a TiVo! What were my parents thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanOffShotgun
    OK, sometimes people have trouble with their IR Blasters, so can I assume for the moment that you set it up all correctly and lets just say that your model Motorola can handle the codes the TiVo is trying to send.

Assuming that you have a double ended IR Blaster, put one end above the Motorola's IR reciever and one end below it (pointing towards eachother) - and try that.

Otherwise, to confirm whether or not the .tcl and your Motorola are compatible you could get a remote that works with a 325 and point it at your 335 - if it works then the tcl should work.

So... where do you live? If it's not too personal a question - your profile says N/A . Someone near you may volunteer their remote.

PS

Divorce... messy... just make sure you get to keep the TiVo.
    Thanks Sean,

I have had a good play with this, I have checked the IR blaster using the Video camera, I have gone through all of the Motorola codes preloaded into the Tivo, One of them triggers the LED on the Sky box.

I tried to capture the codes using the Tivo without much success. I already had Pronto edit loaded so I gave that a try. My PDA learnt the codes fine, ran them through the IR generator here: http://www.pixoo.net/tivo_ir.php. Ended up in endless reboot mode. reimaged tried again, no crashes this time. The problems I have are:

1) All of the sample TCL files on the Oztivo website use a CableBoxCodeNum in the 30000's, none of the codes in this range work for me, get "can't open object (errDbNotFound)"

2) If I use a code in the lower regions i.e. 10032 as in the Motorola DTH325 file, this works, any other code such as 10034 also work, but when I try to dbset 2274/12 CableBoxCodeNum 10034

can't open object (errTmBackgroundHoldoff)

while executing
    "db $db openidconstruction $fsid $subobjid"
    (procedure "OpenObject" line 5)
    invoked from within
    "OpenObject $db $obj"
    invoked from within
    "transaction {
    set x [OpenObject $db $obj]
    dbobj $x set $attr $val
    }"
    (file "/hack/bin/dbset" line 22)

I can only get this to work using CableBoxCodeNum 10032, but this is the code used by one of the existing Motorola and I'm not sure whether it just isn't updating the database.

Is there any way of viewing the database to confirm what code is in there?

Any ideas?

Thanks

David

BTW Profile is now updated

Not sure if this will help but I ended up having to do the STB IR Code setup last night on mine again. I am using the MotorolaDTH325-4.tcl but had the problem that the CableBoxCodeNum defined in the .tcl file is set to 10023 which did not work with my US-version Tivo 1.

I edited the file and changed the CableBoxNum from 10023 to 10001 in the following line:

set tivoir [db $db open /Component/Ir/TivoFormat/10023]

I then just followed the instructions on the followin NZTivo page:
    http://www.nztivo.net/index.php/STB_IRcodes

Just make sure that you run the command and take note of its output:

% dumpobj 2274

I found that mine outputted 2274/17 and not 2274/12 as on the webpage. I was using 2274/12 and got the error you mentioned above until I realised my error and used 2274/17 and it was go from there

Hope this helps

I have also attached the .tcl file I used
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dave,

As Rapier (and my instructions) says 2272/12 is only an example - you have to look for your FsId value corresponding to the line where Name = 'Setup', and then do the dumpobj on that number to get the NNNN/NN value. So hopefully that is your problem.

Hold off on that divorce, and let us know if this makes a difference to you.

Sean.

Quote Originally Posted by rapier
    Not sure if this will help but I ended up having to do the STB IR Code setup last night on mine again. I am using the MotorolaDTH325-4.tcl but had the problem that the CableBoxCodeNum defined in the .tcl file is set to 10023 which did not work with my US-version Tivo 1.

I edited the file and changed the CableBoxNum from 10023 to 10001 in the following line:

set tivoir [db $db open /Component/Ir/TivoFormat/10023]

I then just followed the instructions on the followin NZTivo page:
    http://www.nztivo.net/index.php/STB_IRcodes

Just make sure that you run the command and take note of its output:

% dumpobj 2274

I found that mine outputted 2274/17 and not 2274/12 as on the webpage. I was using 2274/12 and got the error you mentioned above until I realised my error and used 2274/17 and it was go from there

Hope this helps

I have also attached the .tcl file I used
    Sorry Guys, tried again with both the file you generated and one I have tried to generate with my PDA.

% Setup 2274/10 {
    IndexPath = /Setup
    Source = 2274/12
    Version = 46

This is why I'm using 2274/12.

I have managed to get the temporary use of a Pace which of course works.
    I can see why it was so tempting for the others to get the pace. have been switching between the codes using dbset, (Obviously this part works) It has to be the tcl files I might see if I can get my hands on a Palm and have a go with that.

The message LED is sometimes activated by the tivo remote, but nothing from the IR balster. The IR Frequency of the DTH325 is 38Khz, the code I'm getting from my PDA is 48Khz, unless the software I'm using is converting it incorrectly.

BTW, Rapier, what is your STB DTH335 or 325?

Thanks

David

Not sure will have to check. I just used the one I mentioned above

I have managed to get the temporary use of a Pace which of course works.
    I can see why it was so tempting for the others to get the pace.
    I can't definitely say that the existing Motorola script didn't work for the 335, but I had no difficulty using the script with a 325 last year. If it's causing you grief you might find it's easiest just to ask Sky to swap it out for a Pace unit. Unfortunately, they insist a technician visits so it'll cost $30 but it might be worth it for peace of mind and a straightforward setup.

FWIW, the reason I can't say definitively that the script doesn't work is that by the time I got the Pace it didn't work either -- I'd unwittingly overwritten the IR code that the Pace uses (it was the code used in one of the howtos somewhere; if I were setting up a Motorola again, I'd use 10042, which is already a Motorola code). Not knowing how to restore the original IR codes I ended up doing a reimage.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that you can swap the STB relatively easily.

Cheers
    Matt