Thread: Wish list problem

Wish list problem

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has fixed this in the past. I searched the forums but couldn't find it mentioned. I have Season Passes and recently created half a dozen wish list entries. It was working fine for around three or four weeks but all of a sudden last night all the wish list entries disappeared from the to do list. I checked and they all still exist and are set to record automatically. I checked and there are episodes it should catch but it isn't. I go to a wish list item and say view upcoming programs and it finds nothing. Is it possible there is something strange with the guide data that broke wish lists? I did a update over the web a couple of hours before I noticed it wasn't recording wish list programs. I have done a reboot and left it overnight and still they are missing. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

I use wishlists a lot and have also noticed this problem a few times.
    As far as I can tell I have the same sequence of events happen as you, i.e.
    guide data gets downloaded and wishlist programs disappear from the todo list, but for me they come back after a few hours. Like you (during this time) I notice that a search for a program in the guide data reveals nothing although the program is in fact there (verified by using the channelgrid TWP module). My conclusion is that the new guide data gets downloaded and the old index (sometimes or always?) gets trashed and rebuilt. But this takes hours! I can't really believe that this is the way TiVo Inc. designed it to happen, but I also haven't found any other reference to the problem.
    Meat, beer, ... what more could a kid ask for? Of course... a TiVo! What were my parents thinking?

and me ...

I too had this a short while back (about 2 weekends ago?). I don't normally use wishlists but was mucking around one night and changed my Enterprise season pass for a wishlist, thinking I might start to use wishlists routinely after I recall someone mentioning they preferred them over season passes. I didn't notice until I'd missed a recording and then promptly changed back to the season pass.

I didn't think anything more of it, as soon after that I completely trashed my tivo (terminal freeze during reboot, no telnet or serial access) while hacking a script to auto grab shows off tivo in the wee hours, ftp them to a server and then have the server xvid encode them to mpeg4 for later viewing anywhere around the house on PCs or back on my XBMC capable XBox (I've been doing this manually for ages). My agricultural first attempt at bash scripting an ftp-based deletion of the show (via msf_ftp) after a successful download apparently had inintended consequences ...

Have rebuilt tivo with the new oztivo image and all is apparently well, tho' haven't yet gone back to explore the wishlist thing ... haven't given up on the backgrounded grab/encode thing yet (next attempt will more cautiously use an expect script) and will share my experiences later for anyone that's interested. I'd be interested if anyone else is modded XBoxing ...

Tivox

Quote Originally Posted by clive
    I didn't think anything more of it, as soon after that I completely trashed my tivo (terminal freeze during reboot, no telnet or serial access) while hacking a script to auto grab shows off tivo in the wee hours, ftp them to a server and then have the server xvid encode them to mpeg4 for later viewing anywhere around the house on PCs or back on my XBMC capable XBox (I've been doing this manually for ages). My agricultural first attempt at bash scripting an ftp-based deletion of the show (via msf_ftp) after a successful download apparently had inintended consequences ...
    You might want to check out Tivox (at www.fatattitude.com, look in software)
    The description goes:
    TivoX Control Station Control your Tivo from your Xbox! View your TiVo's listings, 'Now Showing' Info, ToDo list, and play/delete/unschedule shows, all remotely within XBMC !

I haven't tried it yet, I am about to. I just got a 2nd (2nd hand) Xbox yesterday for the bedroom and installed the latest XBMC on it.
    I'll try Tivox in the weekend.

I too had similar problem last weekend. I found my issue is called the "Tivo Time warp" issue. This is where the Tivo thinks the time is incorrect and stops indexing the slice data.

Here are some links on how to fix it:
    http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/vie...msAndSolutions
    http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/vie...aveNoGuideData

It was back to normal when I got home last night. I had left it overnight the previous night (10 or so hours) and it was still not working so my guess is the index didn't complete and needed to complete a second time. There was also a powercut yesterday morning so the TiVo would have rebooted again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wibble
    You might want to check out Tivox (at www.fatattitude.com, look in software)
    The description goes:
    TivoX Control Station Control your Tivo from your Xbox! View your TiVo's listings, 'Now Showing' Info, ToDo list, and play/delete/unschedule shows, all remotely within XBMC !
    Cool but not the same thing. My aim is to get the shows off of tivo and compress them without manual intervention. Be keen to hear how you get on with tivox. Cheers ...