Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: set Frequency for TiVo by using the remote?

Question set Frequency for TiVo by using the remote?

Hi all,
    Anybody knows how can we change the frequency of Tivo by using the remote.
    Please show me!
    Best regards,
    Teppy

Quote Originally Posted by teppy
    Anybody knows how can we change the frequency of Tivo by using the remote.
    Well that all depends on what you mean?

If you wish to alter the IR Channel then you go into the "System Information" screen and press the Down button until you see the Remote Address. Then hold down the TiVo and Pause button for five seconds and then press a number for the channel you want. Then press the Right button to let the TiVo know what channel it should accept.

If you wish to alter the RF Output frequency then you can do this via the Recorder Setup screen on a v2.5.5 (default is channel 60), or you will have to use palmod_config or edit the /etc/palmod.conf file on a v3.0 system.

If you wish to change the frequency the tuner is listening on, then you should just be able to use the Channel Up/Down buttons... assuming you have go a compatible tuner installed.

The resonance frequency of the TiVo can be altered by loosening or tightening the screws holding the hard-drive (and I am not being silly here... one of my TiVo's was a little noisy until I loosened the screws).

If you wish to increase the number of TiVo's you own via the remote then you will need to use the remote to type in www.ebay.com into your web browser

A better description of what you are after would probably help

Quote Originally Posted by thomson
    Well that all depends on what you mean?

If you wish to alter the IR Channel then you go into the "System Information" screen and press the Down button until you see the Remote Address. Then hold down the TiVo and Pause button for five seconds and then press a number for the channel you want. Then press the Right button to let the TiVo know what channel it should accept.

If you wish to alter the RF Output frequency then you can do this via the Recorder Setup screen on a v2.5.5 (default is channel 60), or you will have to use palmod_config or edit the /etc/palmod.conf file on a v3.0 system.

If you wish to change the frequency the tuner is listening on, then you should just be able to use the Channel Up/Down buttons... assuming you have go a compatible tuner installed.

The resonance frequency of the TiVo can be altered by loosening or tightening the screws holding the hard-drive (and I am not being silly here... one of my TiVo's was a little noisy until I loosened the screws).

If you wish to increase the number of TiVo's you own via the remote then you will need to use the remote to type in www.ebay.com into your web browser

A better description of what you are after would probably help

Thanks Thomson,
    I have setup my Tivo by using Oztivo image. And I also used palmod_config
    to change frequency through serial port. But, you know, It's very inconvenient to do that. I have to use PC for this changing. For example, I would like to change my present frequency: 182650 Khz to 183650 Khz by using remote. Do you have any idea for this?
    Hope you help me
    Teppy

I would like to change my present frequency: 182650 Khz to 183650 Khz by using remote. Do you have any idea for this?
    This is not possible, you will either need to use the palmod_config application to setup a finetune setting. It should be noted that the default channel 7 frequency is 182250. If you are using the latest (1.4) OzTivo image then you will probably be using the palmod described on this page. You will find a user guide in the palmod_3_1.zip attachment.

You know, I could swear I posted a reply in this thread that has magically disappeared since yesterday.......

Anyway, FWIW..... Teppy: No, there is no fancy way of fine tuning via a graphical user interface (ie "on-screen" setup). palmod_config is where you make the fine tuning. Even if it may be inconvenient you should only need to do it once per every time you move the TiVo to a new antenna.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

You know, I could swear I posted a reply in this thread that has magically disappeared since yesterday.......
    You did Darren. I remember reading it.

Strange.

Cheers, Dave.
    Living Room: US Philips HDR112, Seagate 200Gb, OzTiVo Image v1.5 (20051128), CacheCard (no RAM), Kross STB
    Rumpus Room: US Philips HDR31202, Seagate 120Gb, OzTiVo Image v1.6, CacheCard (no RAM), Tuner Mod, Dual Input Mod
    Additional Hacks: Re-order Season Passes

Question Help me!

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King

Anyway, FWIW..... Teppy: No, there is no fancy way of fine tuning via a graphical user interface (ie "on-screen" setup). palmod_config is where you make the fine tuning. Even if it may be inconvenient you should only need to do it once per every time you move the TiVo to a new antenna.
    [COLOR=Blue]
    Hi Darren King!
    Thanks for your helps,
    I think that we should be write the other code to do this, right?
    this means that we can't use palmod_config as a graphic user interface.
    BTW, I used palmod_config version 3.1 to change my frequency from 0 to 69 Australia channel but it seems only set about more 20 channel. When I set 70 channel at the same time (0-69) and save, the result, after viewing I see the frequency values in each channel is 0 Khz, it's terrible. Would you like to solve this problem?
    I think that this is maybe a bug of palmod file
    Please give me your commments
    Thanks and regards,
    Teppy

Help me!

Hi Darren King!
    Thanks for your helps,
    this means that we can't use palmod_config as a graphic user interface.
    BTW, I used palmod_config version 3.1 to change my frequency from 0 to 69 Australia channel but it seems only set about more 20 channel. When I set 70 channel at the same time (0-69) and save, the result, after viewing I see the frequency values in each channel is 0 Khz, it's terrible. Would you like to solve this problem?
    I think that this is maybe a bug of palmod file
    Please give me your commments
    Thanks and regards,
    Teppy

No I don't think it is necessary. As I said above it is only something you need to do usually once so it would be "nice" but not necessary.

But if you want to do it then don't let me discourage you! Be my guest, although don't say "we" as I am not a software programmer I only do the hardware (solder and wires) so you will have to find someone else to help you.

Yes I can solve this problem. You need to use the current palmod_config as detailed by Thompson in an above post. If you are already using it then you have not installed it correctly. If you really want to be smart then I suggest you simply reimage your hard disk with the new 20050524 version of the OzTiVo image and it is all done for you (and working correctly).
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Thanks so much Darren king

Hi Darren King,
    I'm very glad to receive your soon reply,
    I'll try to download the new TiVo software and try again,
    BTW, please cofirrm me that the oztivo image as you talked is ozTiVo_HDRX12_3.0-20050524.mfs at the link:
    http://minnie.tuhs.org/TiVo/files/images/

Once again, thanks for your kindly help,
    Teppy