Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seasons Passes failing

Quote Originally Posted by samjohnson
    I am having this same problem. Any ideas on how to fix this?
    I tried doing a forced index but it made no difference. The only way I can get season passes working again is to re-run guided setup.
    Essentially you need to touch the timestamp file and re-index.
    It depends on what image you are running, but try the following:
    Code:
    # touch /var/timestamp
    # force_index.tcl

Quote Originally Posted by thomson
    Essentially you need to touch the timestamp file and re-index.
    and then wait a looooooooooooooooooong time ... if it's not sorted by the time you wake up the next day (not kidding) then complain ... LOUDLY.

Soon (maybe immediately, not sure exactly), after applying THOMSON's suggestion you can see the program data via interfaces such as the TiVoWebPlus module called channelgrid. I think that the reason you can't see your season passes (or wishlists for that matter), and a search can't find the programs you 'know' are there, is that the TiVo is busy indexing - and you unfortunately need to wait. Channelgrid etc. can see the data because it doesn't rely on the index.

Maybe it could be described like it's a messed up phonebook; you got all the telephone numbers, but you can't find the one you want... until you order that mess - that takes a long time. Sorry couldn't think of a better analogy.
    Meat, beer, ... what more could a kid ask for? Of course... a TiVo! What were my parents thinking?

Ok so it works when i use the command above. This problem with the season passes/indexing is happening every week..I have left the machine for a couple of days and it still doesn't index - I have to do a forced index otherwise it won't work. Does anyone know why this is happening?

More a guess than anything but check this out http://forums.oztivo.net/showpost.ph...62&postcount=5 It was suggested to me for a wishlist problem and relates to a problem that can make the indexing fail. Not sure why a manual one would work in that case but there it is anyway.

I tried checking that fixtivotime had permissions to run but it still doesn't index automatically - i have to do it manually each week.