Thread: How did _you_ find OzTiVo?

How did _you_ find OzTiVo?

Hi all,

How did you find out about OzTiVo?

I'll kick off ... it started from this post on the Canberra Linux Users' Group mailing list:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/linux...ry/009539.html

A bit further along that thread the OzTiVo site was mentioned and, well, once that URL hit the browser that was it .

Cheers, Dave.
    Living Room: US Philips HDR112, Seagate 200Gb, OzTiVo Image v1.5 (20051128), CacheCard (no RAM), Kross STB
    Rumpus Room: US Philips HDR31202, Seagate 120Gb, OzTiVo Image v1.6, CacheCard (no RAM), Tuner Mod, Dual Input Mod
    Additional Hacks: Re-order Season Passes

I think it was via the NZTiVo site. Either that or a web search on NZ TiVo in general and it was from a on-line newspaper link.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanted
    I think it was via the NZTiVo site. Either that or a web search on NZ TiVo in general and it was from a on-line newspaper link.
    Same here... And made contact with Tim personally. Read OzTivo to find out heaps. Shortly after that ordered my TiVO, then ordered a second one

I found out through the Digital Broadcasting Australia website through there Forums. Someone made a reference to OzTivo and I then just Googled Oztivo.

I was actually looking for info on the Foxtel PVR about 6 months ago. Must say, looking at Foxtel IQ glad I went with the Tivo!
    Phillips HDR312 Series 1 TiVo
    CacheCard Network Card, 200gb Western Digital HD, OzTiVo 1.3 Image
    Slices: Foxtel Cable Digital

Warren Toomey's linuxconf talk
    http://linux.conf.au/abstract.php?id=217

OzTiVo - Toys, Tools, Hacks and a Community

Seminar

This is the story of how several hackers in Australia reverse-engineered the TiVo's operation, how they modified it for Australian conditions, and how they have been able to make the device friendly to non-hackers.

Cool

while researching pvr's in general i first saw oztivo mentioned on the aus.tv newsgroup

then http://www.peter.com.au/pvrs.html ( but it looked different then )
    then i found more info on the eyo forums that aggregate related newsgroups

and eventually i found the oztivo site, that's when the confusion started lol

because oztivo was hard to find and daunting to read, it made getting my tivo so much more rewarding!
    its not that im lazy, its that i just dont care

I googled "tivo australia".