Thread: IR Blaster codes

IR Blaster codes

Question ? When the channel number is pressed on the Remote Control. Does the IR blaster send just the number or Zero padded? That is, if I select channel 3 on the remote does it send "3" or "03"?

I am trying to build a IR file for the Topfield TF4000T set-top box which for some reason uses the Digit 0 key on the keypad to change the aspect ratio. Hence in my test so far the aspect ratio keeps changing as I change the station. From discussions with Topfield support this cannot be changed, so if the TiVo is sending left-padded number codes then it may not be a going concern with this STB (or any Topfield box by the sound of it!)

Hi,

Yes it will zero pad the number to either two or three digits.

You can change this behaviour though (as long as you don't need to use any 2 digit channel numbers):

http://minnie.tuhs.org/pipermail/ozt...ly/015599.html

Another way would be to set the code for zero to something benign when you set up your codes.

Cheers, Dave.
    Living Room: US Philips HDR112, Seagate 200Gb, OzTiVo Image v1.5 (20051128), CacheCard (no RAM), Kross STB
    Rumpus Room: US Philips HDR31202, Seagate 120Gb, OzTiVo Image v1.6, CacheCard (no RAM), Tuner Mod, Dual Input Mod
    Additional Hacks: Re-order Season Passes

David,
    Thanks for the advice. I'll give the reducing the number of digits sent technique a go and see what happens.

PS this is all for my father who is happens to be in Canberra as well, so it's goo to know that there are other Tivo-philes in the ACT.

cheers,
    Barry

tf4000t

Glad you're trying to create the IR codes.

I had no luck using tivo to get the codes for a strong srt5000, which also had an issue constantly pixellating channel 10 even though the signal strength and quality were both very high.

I've had my eyes on the topfield as a replacement for the strong/teac/nextwave (I've tried and returned/sold a few) so any thoughts you have on this box would be very welcome plus whether you think you'll get an IR slice working

Thanks

Moby