Thread: Issue with guide data access?

Issue with guide data access?

Hi there -

I'm a complete TiVo newbie, so please excuse my ignorance. Also please take this as a question and NOT a complaint! ;-)

I've got a Philips model with 300Gb drive which has been working admirably since it was set up about November last year.

However it has currently run out of guide data, and when I attempt to get it to call and download the latest data (I'm using Tivoweb) it starts the connection process but fails with a "service unavailable" message. I'm on ADSL fullspeed btw.

So my questions are :

1) Is the guide data service currently experiencing problems - in which case is there anything I can do to help?

2) Alternatively, has there been a change in the last week or so that I'm not aware of that requires some kind of config change at my end?

3) Is anyone else experiencing problems with access to guide data?

Cheers -

Mark

P.S Many thanks to those who are labouring to provide this service. And let me know if there's anything I can do to help! Happy to help classify genres or whatever .. let me know how!

ip address change

Hi Mark

Yes caught me out to there has been a ip address change for the emulator

64.151.65.200 . I only found out the same way you have and checked back at http://www.nztivo.net/index.php/Setup to noitice the ip has changed.

I don't know how one would keep abreast of this happening again - there weren't any posts on this this forum to my knowledge.

Regards Greg Moore

Aha - that explains it ..

Thanks Greg - at least now I know it's not just me! ;-)

I'll change the ip address tonight.

BTW - excuse a newbie question, but would it be possible to register a domain name and use a hostname rather than an ip address to point to the emulator? Then if the address changes again in the future, we'd just need to change the hostname's IP address? Or am I missing something here?

Is there a link to information somewhere about how the emulator works?

Cheers

Mark

US Series 1 Philips TiVo
    nzTiVo-Philips-Installer.img
    200Gb HDD 8Mb Cache, Turbonet
    Slices: Sky Digital, Auckland
    Hacks: TyServer, Manual Record & TivoTitle, TiVoX 1.5

Thanks for that link - I have subscribed to all the New Zealand Forums with email notification so I shouldn't miss that again. I don't know about using a domain name/hostname instead of ip address but looking at the structure of tclient.config I would say that you couldn't use a domain name but -don't quote me.Would it help to have a reliable XMLTV EPG that wasn't sourced through user input or website scraping ? I understand that there is a XMLTV to slice utility.

Regards Greg Moore
    Series 1 Phillips HRD212
    160 GB HD / DIALUP MODEM /SONY VCR

MICROSOFT MCE 2005 HTPC

Issue with guide data access?

Good idea - I've now subscribed to the forums too.

Changed the IP last night and everything is hunky-dory now.

One thing that I've noticed over the past couple of weeks or so though is that there's no program data showing up for Sky Movies 1. Is anyone else having this issue? Is it a problem with the data, or something on my box not loading the data correctly?

Sorry for the newbie questions! ;-)

Mark

Your not alone.. Sky Movies has been 'bung' since they changed to widescreen.. is being worked on.. details here: http://www.forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=443

Grab the Manual Record tivoweb module as an interim measure.
    US Series 1 Philips TiVo
    nzTiVo-Philips-Installer.img
    200Gb HDD 8Mb Cache, Turbonet
    Slices: Sky Digital, Auckland
    Hacks: TyServer, Manual Record & TivoTitle, TiVoX 1.5

How to Change the Ip Address fro Download

I'm getting the error message "service unavailable", so I need to check the IP address Tivo is setup to contact.

I understand the correct address is: 64.151.65.200

There is a step-by-step somewhere on how to do this (Bruce wrote a good one I recall), but I can't find it. Any ideas?

Found it.

Here's the step-by-step from Bruce: http://www.nztivo.net/index.php/ImageWithScreenShots