Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Motorola DTH335?

Motorola DTH335?

Because my last TiVo fried, I bought another one which has just arrived and I'm getting it set up. It seems to work ok with the disk, TurboNet etc from my old TiVo but the Sky installer left me with a Motorola STB that doesn't seem to have a IR code file yet. According to a sticker on the bottom, it's a DTH335-4. (My previous STB was a Motorola DTH325-4, which certainly did work after setting the appropriate IR codes with the MotorolaDTH325-4.tcl file.)

Has anybody got one of these and managed to get it working?

I don't have a programmable remote so if I can't get this STB working I'll have to ask Sky to swap it. I'm probably going to try the new Oztivo image, too -- so any recommendations on which STB is the easiest to use with TiVo?

Can't wait to get this working again ...

Cheers
    Matt

Hi,

Read my post here:

http://www.forums.oztivo.net/showpos...3&postcount=11

Sean.

EDIT: Sorry, I was too quick typing. Just reread your post, I recently setup some friends TiVo with (I think) the same model Motorola (it certainly was a newer model than mine - I'll check with them) and my instructions worked for that. Are you suggesting maybe that the IR receiver on the new decoder isn't quite up to it? Try putting both IR blasters in front of the decoder - one above and one below...
    I used the new image for the friend's setup - it still doesn't have any good Motorola codes that I could find.
    Last edited by SeanOffShotgun; 17-04-2005 at 06:47 AM.
    Meat, beer, ... what more could a kid ask for? Of course... a TiVo! What were my parents thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuatara
    Because my last TiVo fried
    Hey Matt. Ouch! What happened?
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Ouch, indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King
    Hey Matt. Ouch! What happened?
    Hard to say when for those of us who are surely *not* soldering legends ;-).

The TiVo started to crash a bit -- once a week or so -- and then one day simply turned itself off and didn't come back on. There was no sign of life at all; no LED, no disk activity, no fan.

I corresponded with George who agreed it sounded like a failed power supply, but when I ordered and installed a replacement the machine remained dead. Seemed like a motherboard problem was most likely, so it seemed cheapest to order a new one. (I left it a few months, while moving houses -- thankfully I didn't leave until George had run out.)

There's a thread here: http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=430

At least now I have some spare parts!

The new model is an HDR312, so presumably it's "better" in some way (newer = better, right? Heh).

Cheers
    Matt

Edit: Yeah, "fried" was probably a bit dramatic!
    Last edited by Tuatara; 17-04-2005 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanOffShotgun
    Just reread your post, I recently setup some friends TiVo with (I think) the same model Motorola (it certainly was a newer model than mine - I'll check with them) and my instructions worked for that. Are you suggesting maybe that the IR receiver on the new decoder isn't quite up to it? Try putting both IR blasters in front of the decoder - one above and one below...
    I used the new image for the friend's setup - it still doesn't have any good Motorola codes that I could find.
    Thanks Sean. That's great that my STB should work with the Motorola 325-4 settings; but it's a pity I can't blame it when it isn't ;-).

The IR receiver is fine (it works with the Sky remote). I could try blaming the IR blaster, but I don't believe that's it (I've tried the new blaster cable and the old one). I've also tried putting both blasters in front of the STB.

I'm thinking it must be pebkac ;-). I had originally done something similar to you suggest in your URL, although I'd picked a different number (10042). When I just tried it your way, following it faithfully, I did not get the option to select IR 20001 in the Motorola section in the STB setup screen. I should, shouldn't I? (As you can tell, it's been a while since I've done this.)

Cheers
    Matt

There was no sign of life at all; no LED, no disk activity, no fan.
    Ah yes. I read your other thread (thanks for the link) and just the slight flickering on screen but no boot is usually dead parts in the memory department. Seen this before - and fixed it.

The new model is an HDR312, so presumably it's "better" in some way (newer = better, right? Heh).
    Unfortunately no. The different number only indicates different hard disk size it originally had.

Cheers
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King
    Ah yes. I read your other thread (thanks for the link) and just the slight flickering on screen but no boot is usually dead parts in the memory department. Seen this before - and fixed it.
    Ah, sweet. I'll get this up new one up and running and then maybe set about getting the other fixed. Always wanted two TiVos ;-).

Ah, sweet. I'll get this up new one up and running and then maybe set about getting the other fixed. Always wanted two TiVos ;-).

It's always good to have two.

I did not get the option to select IR 20001 in the Motorola section in the STB setup screen. I should, shouldn't I? (As you can tell, it's been a while since I've done this.)
    Sorry, no you won't get that option, my linked post was lacking info in that area, grrr.
    I should have said just pick any (because you are going to change it all later via the script). All irrelevant now, I think, having read the subsequent posts - I'm purely replying for completion.
    PS: I know how you feel though, my motherboard died last year - George (thanks again) looked after me so well. I was lost without my TiVo.
    Meat, beer, ... what more could a kid ask for? Of course... a TiVo! What were my parents thinking?

Hi, Can you confirm whether this did work with the MotorolaDTH325-4.tcl slice? I have been having a hack at this an cannot get it to work, wanted to confirm whther it is just me or whether it doesn't work, if the latter I might have a go at creating one using my PDA and pronto edit.

Cheers

David