Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: missig guide data?

I'll try again now and post the result. You are right I am saturn.

Looking better now. It's doing the loading data thing ATM. I'll force an index afterwards too.

Finished loading data. Looks good. All the programming is there up to around mid-day Thursday. Was quite a painless process. I'll post any problems etc in the other thread. Thanks for your help with this.

Only thing missing is Discovery T&A channel but that will be because Sky doesn't have it. I also didn't back up the Season Passes and Wishlists that are all gone now so if you are setting it up it's a good idea to back them up first.
    Last edited by Wanted; 07-05-2005 at 06:20 PM.

I downloaded dev slice too...

and it looks OK, I'm missing a couple of channels completely (geographic, BBC, TCM & MGM i think) but a lot better than nowt!

I spot checked a bit with the listener and couldn't find any faults.

Good suggestion to mirror the slice file MrGadget, why don't you just set up to grab it every day so if the main site falls over there will at least be a slice available even if a day old... (Was good to catch up on Fri at the bard BTW, the big wide world must be agreeing with you...!)

I've switched to the nzdev slices on orac as well.

It looks very good, I have data for all the sky channels.

I had backed up my season passes etc using tivowebplus and restored them afterwards, (I had to remap the channels in the restore, it defaulted to CNN) but it didn't pickup any of the upcoming shows in the todo list.
    Either you must reindex or something like that or something in the passes doesn't match.
    I recreated a season pass from the tivo remote interface and that picked up the incoming shows.

So, not a big thing but something to be aware of.

Also can anybody using the data on orac try the grid in the web interface, mine now fails as follows:
    INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_grid '/' ''
    called "sue_wochandata" with too many arguments
    while executing
    "sue_wochandata $chan $fsid $minseconds $maxseconds $callsign $stationfsid $filler $columnWidth"
    ("uplevel" body line 2)
    invoked from within
    "uplevel $body"
    invoked from within
    "ForeachMfsFile fsid name type "/Schedule" "$stationfsid:$chkdate" {
    if {[catch [sue_wochandata $chan $fsid $minseconds $maxseconds $callsign $st..."
    (procedure "::action_grid" line 192)
    invoked from within
    "::action_$action $chan $part $env"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    "eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
    --cut here--

Quote Originally Posted by Wibble
    Also can anybody using the data on orac try the grid in the web interface, mine now fails as follows:
    Mine seems to work fine while using dev. I'm using the 3.0 image default version "TiVo Web Project - TCL v1.9.4"

Yes ... season passes will need to be re-done. The programme and episode numbers on the development system will not match the main system. So this mismatch will mean any previous s/passes will not work.

As for the dump from grid, I've only seen that while the tivo is still indexing.

/DJC
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

Current Issue

Hi,

Just wondering if me (as a very novice TIVO'er) should just wait for things to right themselves with the help of the Gods I call "TIVO data creator people" or should I be doing this whole Dev slice thing?

backing up lists etc sounds a bit scary, but I don't have many so I could rebuild.

But if the emulator is likely to have a working slice in the next 24 - 48 hours I can hang out for that I guess.

Any ideas TIVO data creator gods/people?

Cheers
    Bruce

Status (or lack thereof)

Ok, so as many have noted, Timmy's site is down. The main emulator (not the devel one) pulls the data from Timmy's site, so if it's down the emulator gets no data. I've sent notes to Timmy and Jaidev to see what we can sort out. One option would be for Jaidev to upload direct to the emulator, so that may be the solution if Timmy's site is going to be down for a bit. I'll advise as as soon as I hear anything from either of 'em(if they don't post it here as well).

Meanwhile, as has been noted, the dev emulator seems to work, but will hose any existing season passses and such, and appears to be a relatively big jump. So it's your call what you wan't to do... I'm aware of the issue an on it, but largely dependent upon at least Jaidev (if it's decided to just upload the slices direct) and possibly Timmy (if the current situation stays the same).

If it would help, I could setup another emulator on orac for the live stuff (ie: non development) now that I know how to do that.

The data/slices would have to be uploaded by somebody though.

Wouldn't make any difference at the moment... Problem is slice supply to the emulator. The emu is happily chugging away, but there's no data to feed it for distribution.

Could DJC's slices on orac be converted to work with the current emulator, so it matches the current setups.

The actual data is there and works (that's what I am currently using).