Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: missig guide data?

missig guide data?

are we having a problem ??

I've got no guide data for channel 20 or TV One

Shouldn't you post this message in one of the other "no guide data" threads?
    If we have the forum littered with "no guide data" threads we'll have difficulty seeing anything else.

Yes, we (they?) have another guide data problem.
    Meat, beer, ... what more could a kid ask for? Of course... a TiVo! What were my parents thinking?

TV One is fine,
    although sky has changed something for Sky Movies 1, working on it.. maybe something to do with WS mode since Jan 1, but doubt it

The emulator is stuffed - I get no data from it though the process says it's successful.
    Until it is fixed you'll have to manually load your guide data like this:

wget http://216.58.174.222/tjvinfo/nztivo.slice
    dbload30.tcl nztivo.slice
    Meat, beer, ... what more could a kid ask for? Of course... a TiVo! What were my parents thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanOffShotgun
    The emulator is stuffed - I get no data from it though the process says it's successful.

A bit more info please?, When you did a daily emulator call you received no guide data at all?, Did your tivo show it was loading data i.e. 10% done..?
    Did your tivo have any data at all before you did this? Maybe it's already made a call and processed the slice beforehand? You can't load it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by jaidev
    A bit more info please?, When you did a daily emulator call you received no guide data at all?, Did your tivo show it was loading data i.e. 10% done..?
    No, I didn't get the 10%, 20%, ... normal messages.

Quote Originally Posted by jaidev
    Did your tivo have any data at all before you did this? Maybe it's already made a call and processed the slice beforehand? You can't load it twice.
    Data that I did have ran out at about midday yesterday. So if I had loaded a slice previously it had nothing in it.

So my conclusion was that the emulator site has old data in it because I was able to manually load data up until the 11th Jan from Timmy's site. I last tried the emulator at around 8AM this morning (and failed) then loaded from Timmy's site right after.

Thanks.

Hmmm... Looks like the timezone bug may have bit us after all (the Tivos and the emulator are in different timezones, so when the tivos connect versus when the emulator thinks they connect can create a situation where the Tivo thinks it already has a slice because of the date). I just made a quick lil' hack that should resolve it.

That being said, something else may be at play here, 'cause I got bit by the bug (most recent slice wasn't downloading), but I wasn't out of data. Also, the most recent slice still doesn't appear to have data for channel 20, so lack of same doesn't look like a usable troubleshooting tool.

Perhaps Sean managed to trip the bug a couple times in a row? Possible I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by ehintz
    Also, the most recent slice still doesn't appear to have data for channel 20..
    Yes Sky Movies 1 (Channel 20) doesn't have guide data, this is still an issue I'm looking into it, seems to be around the same time Sky changed Movies 1 to also show wide screen movies, they may have changed some parameters of the station.

Has there been any update to the missing data ?

No fix yet, I discovered a major bug in one of the supporting programs thats used with the guide creation process. The program is being fixed, however the fixed program will break the p a r s e r, which will need fixing too. This is because of the change Sky has made to Sky Movies 1 ONLY.

Tim is coming back to NZ in the first week of Feb he will fix the p a r s e r then. And will also get back into pushing the community guide data effort.

I am currently busy with my up coming wedding, however procedures are underway to fix this issue.
    It's not as major as it sounds, since guide data for the other 60 stations is still fine.
    The good news is that we will also have guide data for all the pay per view movies.
    Last edited by jaidev; 08-01-2005 at 11:41 AM.