Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Emulator available

Fixing red colour problem

Telnet onto tivo

Run palmod_config

follow your nose ......

I found 65 was about right for me.

need to reboot I think to take after you save.

Cool Throwing a spanner in the works

Hey has anyone got a source for the Samsung tuner module. I am a sad person whom doesn't want to run the Tivo and a Sat box so I can watch/record. Either this or can someone help me to modifiy PalMod so as I can user define the I2C commands to suit my Philips Tuner module? As far as I can see reading all the posted info thus far, everyone is using and external box to get their video signal. Me myself I really don't want another box just for that. There is enough crap on five channels let alone SKY as well. Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Dew
    Hey has anyone got a source for the Samsung tuner module.
    All the source is available from the OzTiVo site... however I think you probably have bigger problems than locating the source code, as I am guessing you have a Philips TiVo purchased from the States... and these have NTSC tuners in them.

This will need to be replaced with a PAL tuner if you wish to view FTA stations using an aerial. However, if you have a UK TiVo (These are made by Thomson and silver) or a US model that has had the tuner replaced with a PAL version, you will need nothing more than the standard palmod.

You may like to read this FAQ for more details.

This will need to be replaced with a PAL tuner if you wish to view FTA stations using an aerial
    But yes but yes but ... the NZ emulator still doesnt support using the inbuilt or added tuner? I have a Thomson PAL TiVo and have found it necessary to use an alternate signal source. i.e. an old VCR. So the inbuilt or added tuner is surplus? Tell me if I missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by finethen
    But yes but yes but ... the NZ emulator still doesnt support using the inbuilt or added tuner? I have a Thomson PAL TiVo and have found it necessary to use an alternate signal source. i.e. an old VCR. So the inbuilt or added tuner is surplus? Tell me if I missed something.
    I personally have not used the emulator on either of my TiVo's (UK&US). I do not think it has been configured for FTA channels. What you can do is load your own headend and then use wget/loadguide to download the programme slice (using cron). I have posted a few headends for regions in the "PAL Tuner in NZ" forum (which this discussion should probably move to...).

As far as the tuner goes... if you are running the OzTivo image then you may like to try the kernel module mentioned in this "Latest Palmod for the UK" entry. If you are still running the v2.5.5 software (as I am on my UK TiVo) then you may like to use the kernel module mentioned in my "NZ Stereo Support" entry.

Smile NZ definable PalMOd

Thomson, thanks for the reply. But "finethen" has got the same problem as I have by the sounds of it. Thomson the RF module in your Tivo box will either be the ALPS (PAL version) or the Samsung (PAL Version). Yes the old module fitted to the Tivo (Philips HD112) was a NTSC, I have since removed this module and tried to fit a Philips FI1216, which is a PAL B/G version 3 in 1 Tuner module. I know the module is fine, but the problem I have of course is that the I2C buss commands are incorrect, therfore the unit wont tune correctly or in this case at all. I have three options to make this a stand alone device, 1) integrate another tuner section from a SKY UHF box or VCR 2) find a PAL ALPS tuner module 3) modify old ALPS module for PAL (very hard). So as you can see getting the kernal modified maybe the easiest way to cure my problem, plus there are benifits for everyone else following behind me..

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Dew
    Philips FI1216, which is a PAL B/G version 3 in 1 Tuner module.
    I am a little lost here.... The Philips F?1216 modules have been used by the Australian crowd for a while now (see these installation instructions), in fact I think Jaidev has a Philips tuner in his unit. You should be able to run "palmod_config" and select the Philips tuner to resolve your issues. Even the oldest palmod module should support the Philips tuner without issues, but my latest code-base (including source) can be found here.

PS: I am happy to make any of the changes that are required to the palmod code as well as cross compile a new binary, I am just not sure that there are any changes required.
    Last edited by thomson; 08-11-2004 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thomson
    in fact I think Jaidev has a Philips tuner in his unit.
    Errr sure do although I haven't had time to change that tivo to FTA only... so I haven't tested the palmod to see if all the frequencies are correct. Anyway expect a FTA headend (FTA over the emulator) slice soon

Quote Originally Posted by jaidev
    Errr sure do although I haven't had time to change that tivo to FTA only... so I haven't tested the palmod to see if all the frequencies are correct. Anyway expect a FTA headend (FTA over the emulator) slice soon
    How about zip 02117 for the FTA? Would maintain consistency.

Yippeee

Thanks Jaidev and Ed just for the promise of FTA on the Emulator. What would we do without you? I will send you some of my children as payment.