Thread: CacheCard network speed

CacheCard network speed

Howdy all..

Got a day off, so thought i might d/l some tystreams off the tivo and put them on dvd. Done this a few times now, but never really paid attention to what was going on in the telnet / tytools interfaces. Because I **AM** paying attention this time, I have noticed a couple of curious things, which I thought some of the illuminati here might be able to comment upon.

SPEED: Only downloading @ 0.84Mb/sec. This is over a 100Mb connection through Netgear (yech, hoch, ptuey) router. Is this about normal?

THROUGHPUT: Getting a burst of activity, then a pause (varies in length), then another burst of activity. D/L stops during these pauses. Is this also with 'normal' parameters? (Pause is up to 45 secs duration)

RESULT: About 4,144Mb of data is taking over an hour to come across to my trusty notebook for processing. Looking through the various sites that cover DVD creation, this seems to be a little on the S L O W side.

Could anybody comment upon these issues? The TiVO is not recording during this process, and the notebook is not on the net. Any comments much appreciated.

Regards and Merry Christmas to all
    Chris P
    Sydney OZ

I would have expected it to be a bit faster than that. I've got a turbonet in both of my TiVos and the transfer speed is about 1.5mb a second.

Quote Originally Posted by large_oz
    SPEED: Only downloading @ 0.84Mb/sec. This is over a 100Mb connection through Netgear (yech, hoch, ptuey) router. Is this about normal?
    I get 0.83MB/s when using TyTools, and 1.32MB/s when using TyStudio.