Thread: Setup menu

Setup menu

I cannot access the Recorder & Phone setup sub menu in the Messages and setup area on TiVo Central. Is this normal or is something wrong with my software installation??

Also, in system information in the Messages & setup area, It tells me program guide data is to 25th April. When I try and program somethging past Friday the 16th I am told by the menu that nothing is available??

Thanks,
    Mick.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by micknews
    I cannot access the Recorder & Phone setup sub menu in the Messages and setup area on TiVo Central. Is this normal or is something wrong with my software installation??
    This is a "feature" or "bug" with running in PAL mode. For some reason the PAL mode does not allow us to access the "Recorder & Phone Setup" menu and will always kick you back to the same menu.

Quote Originally Posted by micknews
    Also, in system information in the Messages & setup area, It tells me program guide data is to 25th April. When I try and program somethging past Friday the 16th I am told by the menu that nothing is available??

Thanks,
    Mick.
    I believe this would be because if the TiVo has less than 2 weeks of TV Guide data, it complains and tells you on screen quite prominently that it needs to make a daily call. So Warren created the "NoNag" channel which is filled with 2 weeks + of guide data instead of the usual one so that it does not complain. This would be why it says it's available till the 25th, but you only see programs up until the 16th.

Cheers
    -Edwin
    Ex Tivo Owner.
    Philips Tivo
    Version 1.3 Emulator Image from Minnie
    200Gig Western Digital HDD
    No Turbonet or Cachecard
    Slices: Cable Digital FTA

Not in PAL mode

Hi
    You can't get to the Recorder & Phone setup menu in PAL mode.
    You need to use tivoweb if you want to force a call.
    Or you can change back to NTSC mode from tivoweb and you will be able to get into the Recorder & Phone setup menu.
    jh

Setup menu

Thanks for your prompt replies fellers. I understand both of my problems now. Much appreciated.

Mick.

Aha fantastic! Solved my problem too... oh hi btw.. I'm new.
    Maybe I missed something reading the Twiki pages but this little bit of info should be stickied somewhere - very helpful.

Thumbs up Welcome Was!

Quote Originally Posted by was
    Maybe I missed something reading the Twiki pages but this little bit of info should be stickied somewhere - very helpful.
    I'd like to sticky all pieces of information, but it's not always going to be possible. I just hope people learn to use the "search" function of the forums to find their answers if we happen to provide it!

Oh, and welcome aboard was!
    Ex Tivo Owner.
    Philips Tivo
    Version 1.3 Emulator Image from Minnie
    200Gig Western Digital HDD
    No Turbonet or Cachecard
    Slices: Cable Digital FTA

Quote Originally Posted by was
    How about you or micknews create two answers in the FAQ section of the TWIKI (this is where we try and keep the answers to questions that lots of people are likely to want).

Both of these things have been covered so often, that they are just second nature to the people who have been around for a while, and we forget that they are not already in the FAQ section.

Charlie