Thread: re-run guided setup mode

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

re-run guided setup mode

Hi,
    Just having a problem getting back into maintenance mode.
    I am about to change over to a new satillite digital box and I need to redo the IR setting and the channelsguide.

I have tried doing the PAL /Guided Setup mode thing in TivoWeb, then reboot. IT comes up with the maintenance mode screen, then blanks and reappears with Tivo Central screen (as normal).

I have tried telneting in and doing the bootpage command and then rebooting, but it gives same result.

I must be missing something....
    Can anyone help?

Hi scroll,

The "PAL Guided Setup" mode enables the menus that don't work when in normal mode.

You should now be able to select...

Messages & Setup
    Recorder & Phone Setup
    Cable/Satellite Box
    Cable Box Setup

... and choose the new IR codeset.

HTH.

Cheers, Dave.
    Last edited by DavidSymons; 02-11-2004 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Typos
    Living Room: US Philips HDR112, Seagate 200Gb, OzTiVo Image v1.5 (20051128), CacheCard (no RAM), Kross STB
    Rumpus Room: US Philips HDR31202, Seagate 120Gb, OzTiVo Image v1.6, CacheCard (no RAM), Tuner Mod, Dual Input Mod
    Additional Hacks: Re-order Season Passes

thanks Dave...
    I was waiting for it to come up with guided setup starting from the very beginning again...now I can get into the IR selection. I'll wait till I actually get the satellite box and see what model they leave me with and do a search on this site for the best IR code.
    I was also wandering how to change the guide channel info, at present I download the old guide for my present setup, but I see no way of choosing the guide for the new digital programs (eg. science discovery, techtv, etc...) are there slices available for these?
    thanks heaps,
    Scroll

Hi Scroll,

You might already have the channels available and you've de-selected them during Guided Setup. If so there is a "Channels You Receive" option in the menus where you can change the selections. Even then the channel numbers may be changing when you go to the new service.

I reckon you'll have to re-run Guided Setup to choose Foxtel Digital Satellite (sighs jealously - wishes he could have watched Michael Clarke's maiden Test century). Re-running GS is another of the menu options that is enabled by "PAL Guided Setup" mode.

I'm not near a TiVo at the moment but I think it's accessible from here:

Messages & Setup
    System Reset
    Redo Guided Setup (or the like)

I'll edit this post tonight if that's incorrect.

Cheers, Dave.
    Living Room: US Philips HDR112, Seagate 200Gb, OzTiVo Image v1.5 (20051128), CacheCard (no RAM), Kross STB
    Rumpus Room: US Philips HDR31202, Seagate 120Gb, OzTiVo Image v1.6, CacheCard (no RAM), Tuner Mod, Dual Input Mod
    Additional Hacks: Re-order Season Passes